Team Fortress TV Launched; E-Sports Video Coverage of TF2!

T

TFTV-Mikey

TFTV is pleased to announce the launch of www.teamfortress.tv, a site devoted to TF2 e-sports coverage of major tournaments and leagues. We host a video news show of match predictions, highlights, results and have discussions about the progression of the competitive TF2 community.

Do you actively follow competitive TF2? Or are you just interested in seeing how the game is played at the highest level? In either case, TFTV has everything you need. This is news about the community, by the community.

We are currently covering the first tournament to be launched for TF2, the CEVO $1,000 free tournament with top teams competing such as Comedy Option, The Doctors, The Experiment and many more! The tournament is now down to the final 16 teams and matches are being played on Monday and Thursday evenings.

Come stop by and check out our first 3 episodes, more will be added as play in the CEVO tournament progresses. In the future we will also be covering the Roughneck Challenge - $5,000 TGL tournament. We are always looking to expand our coverage to include leagues such as STA, UGC ? Highlander, TFL and other well established leagues with top tier competition.

Michael
www.teamfortress.tv

Advertising +1. Although relevent advertising. But you really do sound like a bot.

haha

Definately advertising.

But I think it's important to note that this is a purely community driven initiative, we are clanned players who play in these games etc.

Also, no banners, sponsors, advertisers, links, adsense, etc on our site (at least not yet LOL).

Hey good stuff. Always looking to see footage of great clans playing. Do they put up full videos from perspectives anywhere?

Just watch eps 2 and 4, the other 2 are predictions and only worth watching if you know the teams.

It's interesting to see NO Engies (not enough time to make it worthwhile) and NO Pyros (crappy range). There were maybe 2 matches where teams used Heavies, a couple with Demos (usually unsuccessfully) and Snipers got used a lot more since they can be used more aggressively. But mostly it seems that in a 6v6 you'll have 2 Scouts and 2 Soldier/Medic combos. Cool to see 1 defensive Spy used, but the amount of damage you can do is mostly limited to one key target.

Also interesting to see 'Comedy Option' made up of a lot of ex-NS clanners like Nadagast (who tears it up as Soldier).

nice - it's like the old Street Fighter tournaments where you'd have Ken and Ryu exchanging fireballs. Maybe these guys should stick with Quake if they aren't going to use the balanced teamwork and the available classes that makes this game so good.

And yet again clans ruin the game by playing it "competitively".

Yeah, they can only ruin the game if you play with them and disagree wiht what they're doing.

/EDIT I mean, like, your decision to watch them, play with them etc. They don't really ruin the game.

And yet again clans ruin the game by playing it "competitively".

The problem you find with some active clan players (CRO play for shit & giggles) is that they have a bad habit of stacking public servers when they join (IE they all go Red every round) and use Vent or TS outside of the games voice system to relay information to their fellows when they are dead (Ghosting..which is a ****ing no no outside of a real clan match). I've had to ban a few people from my server already for coming on and pulling that sort of stunt (although I do give them the option to change up) because it only takes 3 or 4 players working in unison like that to tip the balance on a public server and drive away other players. Sure I can understand they might want to practice, but there really isn't much to be gained from pounding un-clanned players again & again, save boosting their egos. Also one thing I've noticed is that some clanned player medics have a tendency not to help anyone else but their clan mates during games (highly annoying if you're on fire).

Clan's are ussually annoying unless of course your one of them... (HL2.net) :p

Come check out episode #6 at www.teamfortress.tv We show results and highlights from the quarter finals of the cevo $1,000 tournament. Some big upsets!

407 death clan vs Saget in Tights
The Doctors vs Tap Dat Ass
The Experiment vs Turmoil
Adrenaline Gamer vs Comedy Option

hope you enjoy the show!

Crits ftl.

What a crock(et) of shit that Comedy Option had to lose like that. I mean, a Soldier from Adrenaline Gamer in the last round basically got the following as his rockets:

- Rocket (no kill)
- Rocket (no kill)
- Rocket (no kill)
- Rocket (no kill)
- Rocket (no kill)
- Rocket (no kill)
- CROCKET (kills Soldier)
- CROCKET (kills Demo)
- CROCKET (kills Heavy)
- CROCKET (kills TWO Soldiers and another player -I think a Medic)

I can't say who had the better strategy, I definitely wouldn't say a.G played a bad round, but imo that last point was won by crits. Which is a real shame.

Episode #7 - Cevo Semi Finals

Episode #7 - the results from Thursdays Cevo Team Fortress 2 Semi-finals between clans - the doctors and the experiment. We go over highlights from the match and give commentary on some of the strategies and tactics used by each team on Gravel pit.

Competitive gaming at its best! Enjoy.

Back