Technical difficulties... HELP!!!

alexvasile

Reaction score
Hi there everybody,
I recently started Ep2 and it works fine on my machine. But I get to a level of the game where I'm being chased by the anti lion (or whatever it's called now) through some tunnels, and at one point when I get rid of it the game just blocks and stops responding. I have tried everything I could think of to fix the problem but it keeps happening, hence preventing me from advancing in the game. I've tried lowering the video settings to the absolute lowest, thinking the high settings might be too much for the system, but the same thing happened. Previously I was playing the game at all high settings with 16x AA and AF. The system settings are: Core 2 Duo E6750 OCed to 3Ghz, 8800GT, 2GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz all on a gigabyte P35 mobo. If any of you guys experienced this and/or know what might be causing this, any of your help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
Yours truly,
-Alex

Well, your system is better than mine...

But anyway, I have no idea why that may be happening. What you could try as a near final resort is uninstalling episode 2 and reinstalling it, but do that later because there are alot of people on this forum, some may have answers for you.

But I recommend reinstalling episode 2 if nothing else works.

Try this

Open Steam, go to "my games", right click the game you want, select properties, click the "local file" tab. Use the bottom two boxes regarding cache intergrity and defragmenting. It may take a bit. This solved some problems I had before.

You may also want to defragment your hard drive with something like Perfect Disk.

Perhaps getting rid of the Antlion is the problem? You should not kill it - maybe Valve forgot to add a black screen with a message about failing to complete a critical task.

Perhaps getting rid of the Antlion is the problem? You should not kill it - maybe Valve forgot to add a black screen with a message about failing to complete a critical task.

There aren't any friendly Antlions in Episode Two so no.

Hi there everybody,
I recently started Ep2 and it works fine on my machine. But I get to a level of the game where I'm being chased by the anti lion (or whatever it's called now) through some tunnels, and at one point when I get rid of it the game just blocks and stops responding. I have tried everything I could think of to fix the problem but it keeps happening, hence preventing me from advancing in the game. I've tried lowering the video settings to the absolute lowest, thinking the high settings might be too much for the system, but the same thing happened. Previously I was playing the game at all high settings with 16x AA and AF. The system settings are: Core 2 Duo E6750 OCed to 3Ghz, 8800GT, 2GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz all on a gigabyte P35 mobo. If any of you guys experienced this and/or know what might be causing this, any of your help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
Yours truly,
-Alex
Uh-oh. Got rid of it as in "kill it"? No wonder you can't go on. You have to OUTRUN it and get to the boarded up exit tunnel! You get to kill it later. You must listen closely to the dialogs in the game, they contain pertinent info sometimes.

I never knew you could kill it then.

At one point I was so frustrated that I unloaded every single ammo I had on it but it didnt die. I thought that it COULDNT die there

Yeah, you can't kill it yet. The vort said that if you kill it, the thing that you went down there for (forgot the name), will be gone.

Extract?

Ah, I thought he was talking about early on in the mines, where the acid antlions toy with you, walking away everytime you get near them.

Yeh, don't kill the antlion guardian.

Haha! Yeah, dialogs help. And don't drive the car over the edge of the cliff, either.

I never knew you could kill it then.

At one point I was so frustrated that I unloaded every single ammo I had on it but it didnt die. I thought that it COULDNT die there
One of the things that people forget about, is use of the boulders laying about, with the Grav Gun. They can kill an Acid Ant Lion with one hit.

Back