Tfc:s

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
I've yet to see it discussed, is it unpopular here?

Well, I wrote this thread to see what you think about the port. I, for one, think it's going to be great, thanks to the reworked/new maps, models, and the source engine.

Some characteristics I'd still like to see in TFC:S is the fun quality of the game, I love TFC because of its conc jumping, rocket jumping and stuff like that. Sure, they can add stuff like ragdolls, as long as they keep that fun factor that everyone likes. I'd like to see better player models, they're pretty good as they are but a higher poly version and the source engine should make them considerably better.

What do you think?

TFC:S is my most anticipated mod for Half-life 2. I've been playing team fortress since the quake 1 days.

I'm really looking forward to it... but I just can't picture how it'll be...

I'm also curious as to whether we'll be able to HH and RJ in TFC:S. I really hope we'll still be able to. After 4.5 years of TFC, I don't want it to change.

It's up there on my list of games I am looking forward to, but I've recently tried to play TFC again and I just can't. I can't even really remember why I had considered it my favorite online FPS ever for so long. Dunno why that is really, I haven't even played that many online FPS since then except Halo PC online which is really really good.

I dunno... TFC sort of blew. They should just ditch it and focus on TF2.

I am very much anticipating it. Playing Warpath in source is worth the price alone.

I'm certainly looking forward to this Source port. Been playing TFC for the past 3 years now about, not as much now as I did in the beginning however.

Just the physics at work when you kill someone in mid air should be spectacular :)

For me though alot of TFC's charm (and humor) comes from the outdated death animations, like when a guy gets blown up by a grenade and flies halfway across the map in that frozen "dead on the ground" animation.

I just realized alot of the reason I like TFC is because it's funny as hell. The actual combat kinda, well, sucks.

Soundwave said:
For me though alot of TFC's charm (and humor) comes from the outdated death animations, like when a guy gets blown up by a grenade and flies halfway across the map in that frozen "dead on the ground" animation.

I just realized alot of the reason I like TFC is because it's funny as hell. The actual combat kinda, well, sucks.
It doesn't suck at all. Each class has its purpose and none overlap. The main problem I see is these servers that have class limits. There shouldn't be a 4-engy limit on Dustbowl, damnit!

It has it's good moments, but currently it's just too chaotic. Perhaps I've just spent way too much time on the slower paced FPS lately.

Soundwave said:
It has it's good moments, but currently it's just too chaotic. Perhaps I've just spent way too much time on the slower paced FPS lately.
The frantic pace is what attracts me personally. :)

It seems like every freakin game coming out these days except UT has a snails pace.

Yeah that's true. I used to love TFC, perhaps the Source version will bring me back.

As long as hitting someone with a charged sniper shot sends them flying backward 10 feet, I'm there.

Back