That is so Cruel!

Reaction score
Dunno if anyone else noticed but when I got home, which was like two min ago, I turned on steam, of course it updated, I knew there was a CSS update so I wanted to ck it out. As I'm watching it update I swear it said "unlocking half life 2 files", then it went to a preload of hl2 and I guess I got some more of the game?, anyway that was cruel on the part of Valve to have that particular message displayed during this last update.

please use the search function, we beat this horse to death almost 3 days ago now

City17Citizen01 said:
Dunno if anyone else noticed but when I got home, which was like two min ago, I turned on steam, of course it updated, I knew there was a CSS update so I wanted to ck it out. As I'm watching it update I swear it said "unlocking half life 2 files", then it went to a preload of hl2 and I guess I got some more of the game?, anyway that was cruel on the part of Valve to have that particular message displayed during this last update.

old, dude...but yeah, that was totally not the coolest thing valve has ever done to us

Wraith said:
please use the search function, we beat this horse to death almost 3 days ago now

Really, three days ago, damn, time must fly. The Steam site says the update was on OCT 19 2004 at 7:39pm, by my clock its OCT 20
2004 6:27pm. Thats less than a day., I think...

Srry guys. close thread

Wraith said:

Really, because the update was last night. Stop trying to be cool.

how do I delete?, has anyone fiqured out what it unlocked?

Damn, this is what happends when I actually work at work instead of hanging out on the fourms.

You guys should probably stop being such dicks about it eh?

I wasn't all that serious, but I have been waiting for an opportunity to post that awesome "Congrats" pic. :p In any event, you should probably try searching before you start a new thread on something though. It's not too big of a deal, don't take it personally.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.. We all know about this.. sheesh, everyone other thread is about this, and how "OMG HL@ IS BEING UNLOICKED!!!11j." Sorry.

Well yeah, I thought it was a big deal too when I saw it... I don't know exactly why a CSS Update would equal a HL2 unlock message... Oh well.

The moment I saw it said HL2 files being unlocked I thought nothing of it. I knew it was nothing special. I just looked at it and didn't say crap. :)

Ownzed said:
The moment I saw it said HL2 files being unlocked I thought nothing of it. I knew it was nothing special. I just looked at it and didn't say crap. :)

aren't you special? jeez...i wish i had the self-control not to get excited over every single little bitty thing.

Back