The best 2003 BINK vid.

Which HL2 BINK vid do you like the most?

• HL2-Barricade

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • HL2-bugbait

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • HL2-Coastline

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • HL2-docks

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • HL2-G-Man

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • HL2-kleiners_lab

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • HL2-Psyche

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • HL2-Striders

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • HL2-traptown

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • HL2-tunnels

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kifpe

Spy
Reaction score
Which of the ten E3 2003 BINK vids do you like the best??

Personally I really like the 'Docks' vid. The atmosphere is a extreme with the beautiful sunset, the drifting rainy clouds, the quiet water and the mysteriously boildings on the rocks, and it feals like there is life every where. I just love it and I really hope that I'll get to play this scene!

What about you?

Tunnels. It's action-packed and features a good mix of enemies and weaponry. I'm captivated by the Hydra; we've heard absolutely nothing about it since that video a year ago. I'm sure it will be a pleasant, albeit freaky, surprise when I first run into it.

Tunnels...all the others were just revamps of something you could see in the E3 2003 vid, tunnels was all new content!

Lethal8472 said:
Tunnels...all the others were just revamps of something you could see in the E3 2003 vid, tunnels was all new content!

No...that was at E3 2003 as well...

What was trapdown?

PS: You won't get to play the docks scene I'm quite sure unless you have the leak.

And by that I mean docks isn't in the final game, only for e3 purposes...

I liked traptown.. watching them Zombies get chopped up was funny as hell. :p

Striders, but Kleiners lab was amazing as it had Alyx in it :eek:.

Tunnels because it has the best mix, it has a pistol, the crowbar and the nade launcher. It was just the feel of Half-Life, it made me reminisce.

I really enjoyed HL2-Barricade. I can't really say what it is about it that caught my attention, but it sure did.

Baal said:
What was trapdown?

PS: You won't get to play the docks scene I'm quite sure unless you have the leak.

And by that I mean docks isn't in the final game, only for e3 purposes...
What about from this years E3? Duh it won't be the exact same map, but it was the same setting.

And hasn't this thread been made 10,000 times!?

Traptown. It had a great display of physics, AI, and... the friggin AI man!!!

Coastline. I just loved that one!

Closely followed by Tunnels, then probably Bugbait then striders, then baracade... then traptown... then the rest.. :)

noah said:
The tech demo video.

Oh wait, they never released it. :-(

Hmm, that brings an interesting point...
Maybe they didn't release it inh high res bink because that is the one with the easter egg!

Yeh, someone might have said this earlier but oh well.

Traptown was what really showed me what the game was capable of!

Traptown was great. I just love how he rolls the grenade under the shack and it falls on the combine troops below... simply amazing physics.

Sedako said:
Traptown was great. I just love how he rolls the grenade under the shack and it falls on the combine troops below... simply amazing physics.

Shack?! I thought it was just a dumpster on concrete blocks..

RTFMish said:
Shack?! I thought it was just a dumpster on concrete blocks..

Yeah, you're right, but for some reason whenever I recall the movie, I keep thinking it's a shack. Possibly because the building it's sitting next to looks like a metal shack.

tunnels was my favorite for sure. I just really like the atmosphere, and the setting and the mood. felt tottally cool. plus the hydra scene kicked ass.

:dozey: Tunnels was the best, because it showed the I-Rifle in action.

Wondering how you can be so sure about that?? Did they say so??

You just hurd my feelings :(

You missed the best one..the Blink that shows GI in action, the one where you are running across the roof.

Traptown - I remember my jaw dropping when I first saw the combine break in after your unsuccesful attempt to hide and the time when they shoot through those windows. Was sad after I found out that it was scripted...

noah said:
The tech demo video.

Oh wait, they never released it. :-(

What's this file -

116 MB source_hdr02.exe - Source technology movie (1024x768, 2:12, Bink)

It's at http://www.3dgamers.com/games/halflife2/

Anyway yeah tech demo wins hands down, just watching that through the first time I was giggling with joy :) Still do.

But as for the binks, Kleiners Lab. You guys are all talking about atmosphere but this one had the best atmosphere for me. It felt really cinematic, and I liked the feeling of interaction it gave.

But yeah, Coastline and Strider are pretty kickass ^^;

why is no one else saying barracade? that video ruled. good music, smart AI, cool sound fx (bullet muffeling). Maybe it's just cause i really like CQB style fights

I liked the traptown best because IT WAS A DAMN FUN MAP FFS!!! and you had so many possebilleties.
I liked docks to, the docks really showed the hl2 gfx best.

Bio said:
I liked the traptown best because IT WAS A DAMN FUN MAP FFS!!! and you had so many possebilleties.
I liked docks to, the docks really showed the hl2 gfx best.
I agree, the sunset is comparable to that of which they show in S.T.A.L.K.E.R movies.

Back