The best thing to do now with Engine Error.

Conkorg

Reaction score
I couldn't stand the CS:S Engine Error so I did not know how to fix it. So I unistalled my steam, reinstalled my steam got all my games installed again. And now reupdating CS:S 6 mins left. Thats probobly the best way to fix ur Engine Error. After the update will finish I will tell you if Engine Error is fixed or not. Cross ur fingers :)

Don't say that's the best way if you have no idea if it will even work. :rolleyes:

My cell phone is atop my pc cabinet. It might be irradiating the cpu by sending stray photons, generating a single constant error over and over again. Thus, my theory is that by moving the cell phone, I will prevail and be able to play css. I will get back to you in one minute and tell you if it worked.

it dosent works :( I dont know what to do :( **** Valve and their Steam System :p

trylle said:
My cell phone is atop my pc cabinet. It might be irradiating the cpu by sending stray photons, generating a single constant error over and over again. Thus, my theory is that by moving the cell phone, I will prevail and be able to play css. I will get back to you in one minute and tell you if it worked.

lol

i hope ur kidding

I assume the Engine error is the antialiasing one.

In which case, did you try the dxdiag Override fix? Worked for me. Either that, or run the game in a window.

how do I fix the Engine Error with antialiasing error? THats what I get :(

Start > run > dxdiag > More Help (tab) > Override.. (button) > Override Value (radio button): 60 > OK

Try booting up CS:S after that. Also, you can replace 60 with any refresh rate value that your monitor supports. 60 would be fail-safe if you don't know what your monitor can handle at the resolution CS:S is running at

Or, add

-console width 800 height 600 -fullscreen

to startup options or whatever it is.

Dalamari said:
Or, add

-console width 800 height 600 -fullscreen

to startup options or whatever it is.

Sorry for double post. Where do I put -console?

Hi, im new, the best way to fix this is run-> regedit-> HKEYCURRENTUSER-> Valve -> Source -> settings

here you can edit the vid options (the reason for the error)

Back