The big question for the future is...

D

drivebymessiah

... will I get to kill Lamarr. Throughout Half-Life 2 and following episodes I have been yearning for the scenario of a lonely ventilation duct where its just Lamarr, me, and crowbar. The headcrab is probably one of the most horrid creatures in the universe and there would be no significant loss to anyone besides if they were completely eradicated. Lamarr in particular has caused Gordon significant distress - he's also a filthy headcrab.

Now, I realize that
we may have seen the last of Lamarr as he is probably in space right now. Toward the end of episode 2 when Lamarr was crawling around the rocket/satellite I took the opportunity of a distracted Dr. Kleiner to nonchalantly pull out the crowbar and make a dash for Lamarr. But he escaped, crawling in to the small chamber inside the rocket/satellite. During the launch sequence of the satellite Kleiner reports an eight and a half pound anomaly on the rockets payload before launch. While this is more the size of a small cat and headcrabs are clearly closer to the size of a watermelon, I can only assume this is referring to Lamarr. This gives me the sinking feeling that not only will I lose the chance to bash Lamarr to death but he is going to have yet another opportunity to royally **** things up for Gordon and likely all humanity while within the delicate inner workings of that satellite.

I must kill Lamarr.

She is the reason the whole teleport in HL2 broke when you tried to get to BME..

Yeh lamars presence in the satallite must mess things up eventually, jumping around in cables etc.

I'm aware, but Lamarr is not a girl's name and calling Lamarr she is just too awkward. If I want to get technical, Lamarr is an "it" and it needs to die.

But imagine the fun you wouldn't have had without her breaking the BM:E teleport.

I'm aware, but Lamarr is not a girl's name and calling Lamarr she is just too awkward. If I want to get technical, Lamarr is an "it" and it needs to die.

According to Kleiner, 'its' a she. He may not be a Biologists, but he is a scientist, and I'm pretty sure he knows the difference :)

:rolleyes:

Her full name is Hedy Lamarr, and is named after an actress/inventor from a long time ago. If you pay attention, you'll notice Kleiner calls her Hedy several times... :D

Technically all headcrabs are female. They reproduce asexually.

While I concur that headcrabs are one of the banes of the universe, and should all be exterminated, Lamarr herself is really nothing but a nuisance. She should be preserved if only that she's Dr. Kleiner's pet.

That, and killing her would be an absolute waste. Poking and prodding and analyzing her, that's what you do. And then when she finally does bite it, you dissect her.

Technically all headcrabs are female. They reproduce asexually.

While I concur that headcrabs are one of the banes of the universe, and should all be exterminated, Lamarr herself is really nothing but a nuisance. She should be preserved if only that she's Dr. Kleiner's pet.

That, and killing her would be an absolute waste. Poking and prodding and analyzing her, that's what you do. And then when she finally does bite it, you dissect her.

Unless they have a neuter gender.

Also I'm sure Llamar is dead. Can she survive without Oxygen? I don't know about you but that door didn't exactly look like it would seal airtight to me.

does Xen have oxygen? Headcrabs did fine there. Honestly I'm not sure if Xen does have oxygen, or is at all hospitable to humans, but headcrabs do just fine.

and I don't think Lamarr will ruin the satalite. She really is more of a... comic annoyance than anything. yeah she ruined the BM teleport, but it doesnt work well for the story if a comic pet like lamarr were to cause a chain of events that possibly doom humanity... something about it would seem wrong to me.

Lamarr is Kleiners soul. If one were to die, the other will die too. So if you want to kill Hedy, just give Kleiner a good old crowbarring

Lamarr is proof that headcrabs can be domesticated, but aside from being pets that eat all your watermelon and hump your head I'm not sure what use they could be.

No doubt they could be enslaved like to work for us. Who needs non-renewable energy when you've got thousands of domesticated head-humpers in hamster wheels.

Lamarr is proof that headcrabs can be domesticated, but aside from being pets that eat all your watermelon and hump your head I'm not sure what use they could be.

From that standpoint, what use are, say cats? Or Hamsters?

i don't think that the lamarr that is sent into space is actually the lamarr you see in hl2, in fact the original lamarr has died long before hl2 started. i think every time kliener loses lamarr becuse of teleport accidents e.c.t he finds a new headcrab and debeaks it.

I don't think the lamarr you see in the desert (which no one knows where it is)after teleport accident actually manage to get back to city 17 in less that 9 days, surviving wildlife, rebels and combine

Hamsters have other uses... they can be used to power boats...

Unless they have a neuter gender.
That's why it's "technical." ;)

Headcrabs have no gender to speak of. If you were going to call them something, it'd be female, only because females are the typical sex that reproduces in dimorphic creatures.

does Xen have oxygen?
Xenian atmosphere is remarkably similar to Earth's; nitrogen and oxygen.

Lamarr is my favorite character.
;(
You are so mean!

wow I didn't bother to look and see where Lamarr went in episode 2. I think she will screw things up in the future for humanity now.

I reckon she's going to combine with a Strider.

Personally, I think you're overreacting a little! lol (No offense intended)

I think Kleiner would have noticed that Lamar was gone a while ago, and I seriously doubt that Magnusson would have not checked that little cubby-hole before it launched, it was open, wasnt it?

Besides, I think Lamarr might play a vital role in the next episode! :LOL:
Edit: And I dont mean buggering up the rocket!

There is no question that Lamarr launched inside the rocket, we see her in there and then there is the 8.5 pounds imbalance. It would also seem that at one point they were going to make it more obvious by having Kliener realise that she is missing - see my sig for an example.

Back