The bink your least impressed by?

Dr.breen

Reaction score
For me it's the docks, The fact that AA isn't turned on is most apparent in this bink.

the sky looks cool though.

Definately the docks vid. Short, looks bad, and the jaggies are INSANE.

Hard... but yeah Docks for me too, although it has gorgeous water, the gameplay isn't very interesting.

what a negative topic :p

cheer up guys the actual game is not a couple of months away!

Yeah I know it is but........Im feeling negative...and you saying a couple of months insn't helping matters.

Edit: Oh it's NOT a couple of months away, sorry I misread.

i always find it funny that everytime some says that the game is near. its always a few MONTHS away... never a few WEEKS or DAYS always MONTHS MONTHS away

i wish they owuld release new material the shadows pissed me off
i know its old vid. but doubtful if it has been fixed

yay..

I'll go ahead and agree with about 90% of the people so far: the worst was probably Docks. Nothing happened.

Ravensholm. After seeing the shakey cam footage, the real deal was terrible!

Lets turn these frowns upside down!

My favorite bink is tunnels!

Docks is the best one!
All that purdy water, and the sunset/sunrise relefcting off it, my jaw droped the first time i watched it.

BugBait i thought was quality...does anyone know why the antlion guard (big one at the end) headbutts Gordon even though hes carrying a pheromone thing? Don't they work on the big ones? Doesn't anyone actually know lol?

i thought the tenements video was the most unimpressive, it was boring and didnt really show off anything

Psyche sucked big time.. felt like some religious join-teh-community-vid :p

The new bink didn´t impress me at all..

The movements/effects of monsters on the beach that got shot down didn´t look that good imo.
The game didn´t even look that spectacular in that Bink.
Hope the rest of the game won´t look like that ;)

/D

i thought the coast(latest one) was the best in terms of excitment and action packed fun a lot is going on in that video better then the last two

Trainstation and Psyche.. oh, and that Bugbait one.
Seen it before..

Guus345 said:
i thought the tenements video was the most unimpressive, it was boring and didnt really show off anything

Kudos to you then for missing the entire point of the video.

It's the music on the latest coast vid that annoys me the most,

Huus345 you can not be serious about tenenments not showing anything off, it does nothing but.

let me clear things, in terms of action and pace it doesnt show anything off, a least thats what i would want to see in a bink video, the tenements video is good in terms of showing off the graphics and revealing somethings to us, yes, but i want to be surprised when the game releases,in terms of story.

i just saw the source bink again that one is also very impressive

I feel the source bink is very detached from the other binks, I know it's just a tech demo but......well.. ya know.

Guus345 said:
i just saw the source bink again that one is also very impressive
Could you post a link to download that bink? i dont have it on my current computer.... ;(

The Bugbait video was rather tame. I loved the Tenements though

I'd have to agree that docks was probably the worst one, nothing really happened and you didn't get to see much. The rest all seem to have good points.

I'm gonna have to say the sequence with the car getting stuck on the railing. I know that the Bink hasn't come out yet, but after you watch t the first few times, the effectiveness of it wears off. Sure the guy saved his buggy, but once you see how, it isn't as interesting or exciting anymore.

If I had to choose one Bink vid that was already out, I would have to agree with most and say the Docks sequence. Something was lacking (maybe an Itchyothsaur?).

my fave so far is anything with rollermines, they're my new favorite enemy... i'm gonna hold onto a rollermine for as long as i can and go shoot a strider with one.

I want the Eli Lab bink, that will be the most intresting one.

I liked the musick in the new one.

oh.. yeah the docks was the worst in my opinion

The docks was cool for the water alone, especially when Gordon goes for a swim.

I didn't like tunnels too much. It was pretty cool to see the man hacks at first, but their novelty wears down pretty quickly.

Dr.breen said:
For me it's the docks, The fact that AA isn't turned on is most apparent in this bink.

the sky looks cool though.

Anyone have a link to dl the docks vid. I want to see what all you guys are talking about. hanvt noticed it before.

Worst was Tenements. No guns! :( I think my favorite was Ravenholm, but I haven't seen them all. I just enjoyed seeing saw blades fly into zombies.

I take that back. My new favourite is Coastline. That's OpFo action right there.

Hectic Glenn said:
BugBait i thought was quality...does anyone know why the antlion guard (big one at the end) headbutts Gordon even though hes carrying a pheromone thing? Don't they work on the big ones? Doesn't anyone actually know lol?

In the original low-res vid where Valve was doing comentary, they said that the Antlion Guard thought you where another Guard and was challenging you.

Back