The binks.

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
Assuming that Greg has got his inbox full, and knowing for a fact that Valve members check these forums, well, I thought I'd ask...

Are the binks done and ready to be distributed?

If you're going to flame, go ahead, but don't get the thread closed

EDIT: The e3 2004 ones.

Spidey sense says that greg won't reply to this.

(god, i've always wanted to say that)

MaxiKana said:
Spidey sense says that greg won't reply to this.

(god, i've always wanted to say that)

Odd thing to always have wanted to say.. lol

I hope we see the Binks soon, it'd tide me over for awhile :)

He probably won't reply, Probably quite busy. But I should think the they are nearly ready to go out on steam!

(I thought spidey sense only detected danger :eek:)

Greg looked at this thread and left...maybe he's going to get them released!!! :dork: ok... I'll shut up now...

They would look amazing in bink format, especially the strider scenes.

Even though they have mentioned those videos would be released in Bink format, I dont think they will do it now because surely they are focusing on releasing this game late next month or August.

Greg looked at this thread and left...

Cool, but... how do you really know?

EDIT: Steam's updating... hm...

hehe, 123 posts

EDIT2: It was something else, no binks yet...

since this is a new forum i propose you change the name to a marc laidlaw forum cause he apperantly lurks here quiet often it would be cool if he answers are few things i am sure..

Valve = the reason why i m in gaming.
woohooo half life 2.

Citizen 1150421 said:
since this is a new forum...

Halflife2.net's forums are new? Hmm... I wonder where I've been lurking since september last year then? :rolleyes:

Man, I so want them...something to do while I sit here in pain after my EIGHT teeth being pulled. Greg, have mercy.

SubKamran said:
Man, I so want them...something to do while I sit here in pain after my EIGHT teeth being pulled. Greg, have mercy.
i pulled 6 of em in a month, stop whining

If they released two videos per week, one each from the two E3 booths, then that would go well into the rumored release date of "this summer".

SubKamran said:

wtf?!Why eight?

So you did have them pulled all at once. How's it going?

Oh, back to topic. I don't think valve will release the binks just since they're trying to get it out. I could be wrong. It probably depends on how hard/time consuming it is to get them in binks.

A True Canadian said:
If they released two videos per week, one each from the two E3 booths, then that would go well into the rumored release date of "this summer".
oh no, not THAT again (remembers last september)

Of course, including the Binks exclusively in the Collector's Edition would be another route I could se Valve taking, a la the CS:CZ deleted scenes.

Hazar Dakiri said:
So you did have them pulled all at once. How's it going?

Oh, back to topic. I don't think valve will release the binks just since they're trying to get it out. I could be wrong. It probably depends on how hard/time consuming it is to get them in binks.

Tommorow's the day. :D

And second, I hope they release them with AA and AF and full detail.

A True Canadian said:

Something I always wondered: do they drink Clearly Canadian in Canada? Or is it just a marketing ploy like "Fosters: Australian for Beer"?

We can drink other beer if we want to, but our beer tastes better :). Plus there's a higher alcohol content.

f0rked said:
Halflife2.net's forums are new? Hmm... I wonder where I've been lurking since september last year then? :rolleyes:

He's talking in the long term - I've seen forums that are 5 or 6 years old.

They will probably release them via BT, if at all, not via steam like they did before. Steam has enough to worry about, bandwidth wise. In fact, that may be why they won't be released anytime soon: they are saving up all their bandwidth bucks for the upcoming releases.

A True Canadian said:
Of course, including the Binks exclusively in the Collector's Edition would be another route I could se Valve taking, a la the CS:CZ deleted scenes.
What would be the point of including Bink videos of the game, with the game :upstare: ?

Frosty207 said:
What would be the point of including Bink videos of the game, with the game :upstare: ?

Valve did release the E3 2003 vids on a seperate CD-ROM that came with CS:CZ. Everyone wants them, why not make them exclusive? But you're right, what would be the point as you'll be experiencing greater things while playing the game.

Yeah, but they were los-res, bad compression on the cd. Everyone would rather get the full versions.

Yea I think the bink should be released very soon ( in high res-full screen) .. valve themselves said they now are reminded again how much they owe to the community, well this is a good start :p :D

Someone from Valve (I think Rick) said they'll be out very soon.

just like doug said the SDK would be out in a few weeks bak in january...and its still not out

Xenome said:
Yea I think the bink should be released very soon ( in high res-full screen) .. valve themselves said they now are reminded again how much they owe to the community, well this is a good start :p :D

R3l3ase teh damn game!!!11one

...emm, I'm okay now. Yes, that would be a very nice start. *nudges valve*

Anyhow now I don't doubt they'll release the viddy's anytime soon.

Edit: Heh he was here again but he left :p Sorry for stalking ya

greg is gonna tell taylor to put the videos on steam tommorow...just becuase of this thread.

E³ 2003... Sorry mate, it is the old ones... :(

Back