The Boat In Half-Life 2?

FalconNinja

Reaction score
What do you think about the boat in Half-Life 2?.I think it has to do with The Combine......Post your thoughts about this strange boat!!!!!!.

I can't wait to get on it. Oh all the crates that will be smoted/smitten/smat/smutten/smot/smited. Mmmm.

Whats so strange about it? Alls ive seen is a screen of it. Cant see any pirates or scoobydoo type ghosts on it.

Its a Boat. It floats. On Water. I have a packet of Ciggarets, I think these might have something to do with the Combine. They taste of Tobacco too.

I think its the first mission and then you get off and then you go into City 17......Im going to push the crates in the water and see them float!!!!!!Cant wait!.

STOP POSTING THIS REDICULASE THREADS! *sry for (b)mad english

I read in a interview that it is one of your missions to get on the boat......It's just kinda weird because where does the boat come from?.

Game prolly starts out with the crew of the boat pulling you out of the water. They find you half dead and bring back to good health. The boat just happens to be the Headquarters of the Resistance against the Combine because it is mobile and harder to pinpoint. Its also where you first meet Alyx and Dr. Kleiner and Eli Vance and Dog.

At least that's what i'm thinking at the moment.

Maybe it's just a boat level....

"we have to get to the other side of the harbor but the dock is full of combine forces, we can go around them by going through the boat"

etc..

Oh, i see - that would be a crazy level to play in, fun :)

crazy indeed.

If that's the case, you might avoid the dock with the soldiers but "surprise, surprise" you have to deal with some bigger mini-boss in the boat. Maybe killing the mini-boss would involve sinking the ship which is plausable considering the engine can handle this kind of gravity effect.

I like quotation marks.

It would be fun to swim in the game, see what kind of effects are possible.

Turns out that ship is actually a portal to a different dimension, and using Gordan Freemans newly discovered mutant powers, he must sacrifice his mind, and therefore his sanity, to destroy this paragon of evil.

Spinetingling.

gordon's also stuck in a love triangle with alyx and barney.

Alyx loves barney but barney loves gordon but gordon love alyx....

Dunebuggy loves dog, dog loves the manipulator the manipulator loves the dunebuggy...

Poor mechanical bastards.

Originally posted by jhero
It would be fun to swim in the game, see what kind of effects are possible.
For me, the worst part of GTA3:VC is that the stupid Vincetti guy never learned how to swim. I mean, I fall off a boat 3inches from the dock, and blammo GAME OVER. Makes me happy when I go back and play HL that Gordon learned to swim in between physics classes. He can even hold his breath underwater for a good while.

I hope there's some fun underwater stuff in HL2, but the vision underwater should be "murkier" than HL1.

U know, instead of jumping from the boat to the pier u can just run and u magically appear on the pier.

ermmmmm im sure the boat is grounded on a sandbank/half smashed up therfor couldn't move........ or summit like stuck on a sandbank. im sure i saw somehwere that Doug or Eric sais something about it.
oh well

Kam

I wonder if theirs a whole gilligans island type mission!?!??!

*sarcasm*

If the professor could make a coconut radio. How come he couldn't fix a hole in a boat.

He probably planned it all and wanted to stay on the island.

He wanted to get it on with the moviestar... Genious!

anthraxxx that is a good point, i wonder if that is what happens.

Sounds like the starting from the Bourne Identity...

The boat level should be like the one in Solder if Fortune 2. It should be moving, but if u jump off, there should be a way t still get on but there should also be a timer.(the seaward star mission in SoF II)

Isn't that the lvl from the demo???

But that'd be kinda hard considering this boat is apparently beached...

You have to get on the boat to find a map, or some fuel, or some spark plugs from the engine room for the generator that powers Dr Kleiners lab. There could be a ton of reasons.

gay.jpg

Note: i aint touchin the water if that bloody shark thingy (ichyasar(sp?)) creature is still swimmin around

Originally posted by Dux
Its a Boat. It floats. On Water. I have a packet of Ciggarets, I think these might have something to do with the Combine. They taste of Tobacco too.

;)

Originally posted by BackFyr
Note: i aint touchin the water if that bloody shark thingy (ichyasar(sp?)) creature is still swimmin around

Word!!

It took me a whole 3 seconds to load this page, Could have atleast told some lies and said you work for Valve and the Boat has secret items on it or something. Lazy bastard.

aslong as HL2 as the same ripple effects like on morrowind then we're all set. i'd drive around for ages going weee

Back