The Bots Are So Evil!!

Dark8Master89

Reaction score
put them on the hardest setting and just watch them! they watch people through the walls then always get Headshots STAY THOSE BOTS AWAY FROM ME, ITS LIKE PLAYING WITH CHEATERS!

i know what ur talkin about. Even on Normal there a challenge, but if it helps.... dont play it on the hardest settin anymore

I went on a server and it was really strange playing against the bots because one minute they're utter crap at shooting and then another minute they kept getting loads of head shots, so either their skill was random (somehow??) or an admin kept changing the skill. If not then i found it very strange playing against em, i'm sure Valve will improve them hopefully.

lmao, *sigh, try zig zagging, guarantee you can knife the expert ones if your random enough, or do that old quake 3 circle strafe shit.

they crumble

Bots on normal was perfect for me training. First round [2-on-2] they ANNIHILATED us, then second round [Dust] my team whooped and I was 56-9. Third round my partna Bot was awesome and killed everyone we won again. But then fourth rnd. other team was really good. Every game: 2-on-2, random map, Bots Normal.

I agree that the bots are random [or something]and vary from round to round. But overall N I C E addition for the update along with Tides. TYVM Valve and TurtleRockStudios!

I just had a quick game 4 v 4 on hard, and it seems the difficulty really varies. The first two rounds we got annihalated and went down 0-2, then we came back and kicked there arses 11-5, only for their best bot to finally get the AWP and kick our arses over and over, it went 13-12 to then the map changed :p

Having a great time with these bots myself, there's always one really good bot per team, I remember I kept assuming they were really stupid bots and just getting my arse kicked. One time a bot hit me in the leg with a scout and ran off, I chased after him, only for him to flash me in the hall, and pistol me in the head :(

i like bots, cus unlike people, if you say need backup they always come, unliek the 50 - 50 chance you get with people, and they also go ahead and check it out before you, unlike people :p

Hazzer said:
i like bots, cus unlike people, if you say need backup they always come, unliek the 50 - 50 chance you get with people, and they also go ahead and check it out before you, unlike people :p
Amen.
I was playing last night on de_dust2. We're CTs. I'm in a three-four man team
We take out the bomb carrier at the double doors down the road from A. The two other guys run away. Just me and my partner guarding the package.

"I need backup."
"I need backup."

Noone came.
Never the less we guarded the package. And won.

:sniper: :afro:

Ah, it's not the same with the bog standard radio commands. Put on the rather annoying CZ chat for the bots and they're much more helpful ;)

i played bots on hard and beat them, i thought they were really good.
normal bots are easy imo...

i love bots, perfect for prac aim :D

I play with bots on expert. I think that is the closest thing to real online people. And it's the option that fits my skills. :)

KoreBolteR said:
i love bots, perfect for prac aim :D
Best thing for Practice aim is to create a server, and then join as CT on italy, and keep joining loads of T bots, and then let them only have knives. Buy a para, and wait :).

dude the reason they seem to be random at skill is because they measure ur skilll level. If die from bot, bot will be easier on you next round. If you kill a bot, then bot will be harder on you.

In a css server

Me (with bomb) : Cover me

-no one responds-

Me (with cts everywhere shooting at me): Taking fire, need assistance!

...silence...

I need backup!

...radio silence...

I get shot by a ct and go into spec and see 2 teammates circling around and jumping around knifing at each other (even though ff was off) then they both get killed and we lose.

Idiots.

I like the bots, I really enjoy playing against them. I hope Valve continue their developement.

I find Hard too easy, but Expert is just like real servers.

DAMN SOURCE! I can't play it on my labtop anymore. some fuc king memory error!

the bots will replace us one day, be afraid *insert scary sounds*

Gossoon said:
That's what makes them like playing on real servers.

LOL true true. V.funny there Gossoon. After playing with the bots a bit more i thnik they're really good as they match your skill level but i sometimes still find some of em to have random skill.

Bots - After practising with those in offline mode I may one day be able to remove the [CS N00b] from the end of my nickname. I am pretty crappy at CS, after only a coupla matches I was ready to go sit in my fridge and cry.

Dark8Master89 said:
put them on the hardest setting and just watch them! they watch people through the walls then always get Headshots STAY THOSE BOTS AWAY FROM ME, ITS LIKE PLAYING WITH CHEATERS!

I don't agree.
It's easy to play versus them in expert mode.
Just walk a lot. They cant hear u and u can surprise them easily.
Expert is not so expert :(

Anyway use theese cvars:
- bot_allow_rogues 0
If nonzero (1 by default) there will be some bots that won't obey to ur commands and some bots that go random in the map without following the objective.
With 0 bots are more cooperative.
- bot_eco_limit 0 (default 2000)
With the default settings bot won't buy anything if they got less money than 2000. So they will not buy ever a Deagle.
That's why I used 0 as setting.

I wrong, played with them, and boy are they good. They play better but more humane. They are awsome.

Bots are very good. I play with them on Hard - My skill level seems between hard and expert. Though they are a bit... Weird, since I get pretty decent scores on servers, but playing bots my scores go right down. I still pown though, until the adapt - BORG STYLE! :borg:

am i the only one who thinks the bots are too easy on hard? i think i had a harder time on normal. on hard bots usually miss good shots against me. they take out like 5 hp when they hit my most of the time. anyway, is it supposed to be harder to play against a lot of bots or a few? recently i've just been doing 2v2 bots

I like the bots also. Since their release I have played more CS:S than in over a month and my friends and I have had more fun. It is nice playing with fun/mature adults, but when they are hard to find on a good ping/full server, well, Bots do just nicely thank you :)

The great thing is they are not total idiots. Some of the best AI I have seen.

I have trouble keeping a 2:1 kills:death ratio against the expert bots.
They are quite good.

half alive said:
I play with bots on expert. I think that is the closest thing to real online people. And it's the option that fits my skills. :)

I played with them on highest settings. I thought they were too easy. I actually first started on highest setting because I haven't met a bot that was a challenge yet. I think these certainly have better AI than most bots I've dealt with before, but I dunno... humans can do better. I know one clanmate who could woop my ass, but don't think the bots could do the same.

Back