The Brag about work thread.

thenerdguy

Reaction score
Well Most of you guys that have been here for a wile know that im a computer tech and that I love my job!

In this thread You tell us about your job and why you like or hate it or other cool stuff about your job.

Ill start.

We just got a hospital contract worth $100.000 yesterday. :) :) :)
I got a pay raise. And im getting a new car. :)

Havent got a job, I'm 17 and I'm (hopefully) gonna get an drawing/paining aducation and stuff :)

BTW grats on the raise :)

Well, i dont work yet but i do work sometimes in the summers.

I work with several of swedens largest compos. Im working with the chips you know...the ones that you get your time from...well nevermind...i get alot of money from it anyways :)

You really know how to brag don't you?
I can tell. :)
Anyway... I'm sorry to hear that.

Im 17 and i measure gas and water pipes. Its actually pretty easy, i just have to stand there with the machine while the other guy climbs around and stuff. He picks his nose a lot....

I havent been employed in almost a year.

My last job was a clerk at an ace hardware.

There was to be more peeps with jobs that are members of the forums.

i got a great job, its called unemployed i sit on my ass all day consider getting a job then realise that there is no point so takes part in another activity :)

Im currently on me summer hols but im going to dundee university doing an Applied Computing Degree. Ive just completed my first year of which i recieved an award for my efforts and my contiunaly high pass marks.

Ive setup my own web design company called rsDesign, it was acctualy started last summer but uni made it hard work to get any stuff done on it so hopefully this year i'll get it up and running. (Last summer i made around £2000 from just a few webpages).

I also work for the universitys IT department fixing computers and such like.

Im 18 and make around £350 - £800 a month.

Why dont you guys want a job? When I was a kid my mom and dad made sure that i knew what work is and that sometimes work can be fun. Plus you get paid sometimes too.
If i didnt work it would have put a bigger strain on my family. This not wanting to work is new to me, even if you cant get a job there always work that needs to be done somewhere.

my job is to fly small planes until I build enough hours and training to become a flight instructor.

Oh and I go to college, learning chemical engineering. so I can get that degree for when I apply to the majors.

I work as a programmer. I'm really a passive type of a guy, I never even looked for a job, it just came along and I said OK. 2nd job I got that way. No, I'm not "well-connected" or anything, I guess it's just luck.

The pay is fairly descent (~ $20,000/year) and since I'm 19 and still in school I think thats not too bad at all.

hey i work as a pharmacy tech (in training) at a local CVS, and its much much easier than working the front , im 17, and pay is 6.25 so far, just started a week ago

I'm going to college in September, but until then and possibly after then, I'm working for Anglian (double glazing company), knokcing on doors and trying to persuade people to have a free quote.
It's good pay once you get good at it, but it's paid on commision and I'm not actually doing that well, so I've only made £30 for a weeks worth of work (3 hour shifts every weekday).
Also, the work isn't too hard and the people I work with are pretty cool.

I just graduated from Washington Unversity in St. Louis in May. I majored in chemical engineering, and I actually graduated with honors of Magna Cum Laude. But here I am working a shitty part-time job as an intern - this job ends in about 2 weeks too. Other than that I haven't been able to find work, but I'd really like to work within an oil refinery. Frankly though, no ones hiring chemical engineers at all at this point. it really sucks. I was at the top of my class, but I can't find work, and I have a shitload of student loans to pay off because my school costs about 38000 a year including room and board. So I'll just keep looking... Honestly, I was hoping to be unemployed when HL2 came out so I could play it all the time. Isn't that terrible?? LOL. Since my intership ends in two weeks, that may just happen if HL2 comes out on Sept 30 - doubt it though. You guys that have good jobs are lucky because it's hard enough to find a shitty one right now. I'm getting tired of living with my parents so I think I might go back to school to study something like astrophysics/astronomy - something that I really love, but didn't to begin with because you can't make that much money with it. But anyway, I hope this wasn't too depressing a read; I didn't mean it to be. It isn't so bad being unemployed when you've got parents to bail you out - it's fun to be a bum. LOL

Back