The Combine reprogram DOG and make him fight against Alyx, Gordon ...

G

GordonInOrbit

If you thought Dog would make a powerful ally, just imagine what he'd do if he were on the bad side.

He'd make one hell of a boss to fight.

Dog would make a very competent enemy. More powerful than the striders. Imagine Cars and Trucks being thrown at you while you try to shoot him with a rocket launcher...

heck, i could never think of him as a bad guy..

Though I think it would be unlikely, it would be funny seeing Dog throwing rebels into windows and stuff.....
Heh

Man that would be bad because alyx would get all emotional because of her love for that robot.

I just hope that if we do fight DOG, we disable him somehow and reprogram him.

It would be interesting, but i doubt the combine would have no clue where to start when it comes to re programming him.

And afterall, it wont happen in AM because they are too busy trying to get away from the citadel

That would be awesome!

Gordon and Alyx walks around in the remains of C17 and they see something familiar.... But it is now evil. Little did they know!!! hohoho

Flashlight said:
thats so stupid i could slap you GordonInOrbit.

Actually, that is a very good speculation.

When i firsted met DOG in HL2 I crapped myself :p I was thinking "I hope im not against this thing" and in Anticitizen one and he threw that Caravan at the combine, then got the Combine APC and threw it into the shop, I was thinking "OMG L33T R0B0T :p"

Sufferin-rebel said:
When i firsted met DOG in HL2 I crapped myself :p I was thinking "I hope im not against this thing" and in Anticitizen one and he threw that Caravan at the combine, then got the Combine APC and threw it into the shop, I was thinking "OMG L33T R0B0T :p"

Just imagine getting a car throwed against you, and you'll have to dodge it. That would be so cool :smoking:

...And the combine would reprogram it to shoot laser from its eye. Ouch.

GordonInOrbit said:
If you thought Dog would make a powerful ally, just imagine what he'd do if he were on the bad side.

He'd make one hell of a boss to fight.

Dog would make a very competent enemy. More powerful than the striders. Imagine Cars and Trucks being thrown at you while you try to shoot him with a rocket launcher...

heck, i could never think of him as a bad guy..

That would be sweet. They should make it so you have to keep running from him and it would get harder and harder. Make him go somewhere then pull some kind of plug that will distroy the combine virus controling him. That would be so sweet. I wouldnt like it if you had to distroy him. Just think of the 1st time DOG look at you and made that sound :( He will do that once the virus is out of him.

I can't help thinking you have to run away down a street while dog jumps from car to car... swings on a pole... smashes straight through a building while striders are on your tail...

Onager said:
Just imagine getting a car throwed against you, and you'll have to dodge it. That would be so cool :smoking:
Or, if you get the grav gun back, you could use it to protect yourself perhaps? Maybe even grab DOG with it and throw him into a building. Give him a taste of his own medicine I reckon...

Where do you get these crack pot theories from anyway? I mean really?

I know what it feels like to have to deal with flying cars in hl2. There was this server i would frequent (its no longer up anymore, pity) but the admins always had overwatch in constant rotation with low grav, super powered grav guns, and strict rules prohibiting weapon use. People were floating through the air grabbing cars and firing them at each other. It was a lethal game of catch where 1 wrong move would get you swatted out of the sky by a flying car.

Worst thing was when someone would do the grav gun "shove" immediately after you fire (almost at the same time), sending the car back at you before you could react

Why settle for one DOG gone bad when you could have an army of Combine robots based on the same design (doesn't really matter who copies who... or maybe one of them needs to be a whom).

Personally. I like the idea of a chase level with a whole army of those robots after you. They're not indestructible, but they are infinite in number. The only solution is to run towards the control centre and destroy it. Imagine running through the city dodging both the robots and the toys they throw. Dead ends could pop up and booby traps could be sprung to slow the flood. That would be fun... and with infinite ammo turned on... well that's just a hell of a party.

Fighting DOG is a great idea, but why have the Combine reprogram him? His already implemented AI can do the job! He's programmed to defend Alyx right? Well, what if something happens to make it seem like you are hurting Alyx?

Cool idea to fight dog, I think you should just need to shoot his friggin fave off with your rocket launcher to beat him - then alyx would slap you and fix him.

DOG would be one hell of a fight

good idea, but i couldn't imagine being against him

You know how people keep asking Valve for a really emotional bit in a HL game? A bit that genuinely makes you cry? How about the death of DOG in Aftermath. That would surely be the most heartbreaking thing ever. How cool / sad would it be to see him disappear, still fighting, under a huge crowd of Combine beasts... then some Combine start to peel off from the fight, holding DOG components aloft... and Alyx is screaming... :eek:

It would be harsh, but it would be one of the most memorable videogame moments evaar. :D

I like the idea of a DOG-style robot made by the Combine. It would look really cool with that semi-organic thing going on.

Noobulon said:
You know how people keep asking Valve for a really emotional bit in a HL game? A bit that genuinely makes you cry? How about the death of DOG in Aftermath. That would surely be the most heartbreaking thing ever. How cool / sad would it be to see him disappear, still fighting, under a huge crowd of Combine beasts... then some Combine start to peel off from the fight, holding DOG components aloft... and Alyx is screaming... :eek:

It would be harsh, but it would be one of the most memorable videogame moments evaar. :D

I like the idea of a DOG-style robot made by the Combine. It would look really cool with that semi-organic thing going on.
I can see Dog taking a Garg head on. Beating it to hell, but take critical damage, moan, and fall over, parts of him melted and crushed. It'd be the only time, that I'd be thoroughly outraged and pissed off at the death of a videogame character.

That would be so damned awesome and so damned cool! A nice bit of plot thickener. Imagine a city scene with you on a roof with Dog climbing up the side like the zombies from Ravenholm!

Just as long as he turns good again...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the short story in Raising the Bar where Gordon, Alyx and some Rebels are in a snowy area and fight a whole army of reprogrammed DOG-bots (same robot model) being airlifted from Combine Carriers, it could be Valve's chance to get this in.

Wilsonator said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the short story in Raising the Bar where Gordon, Alyx and some Rebels are in a snowy area and fight a whole army of reprogrammed DOG-bots (same robot model) being airlifted from Combine Carriers, it could be Valve's chance to get this in.

That was when you sent to the weather control in the original storyline, but they were combine mechs.

"Hey Dog, over hear...Dog?"
*splat*

That is a terriblr idea in my opinion.

Back