The Depressed thread

The Fragile and Thats what i get by NIN, depressing in their own right but especially so since i can identify with them so much, also Taste the Pain by RHCP, Timothy by Jet (just download this one, it will blow you away), Confusion the The Zutons, Falling away with you by Muse, On a Day Like Today and She Has No Time by Keane, Shiver by Coldplay, Where is my mind by The Pixies, Mad World (Gary Jules version) and Porcleain by Moby.

'again' by archive
great song
16 minutes of she-left-me-but-I-still-love-her stuff;)

Konstantine by Something Corporate, or I Remember by Stabbing Westward.

Both very special to me.

"Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails. Or maybe "The Pyramid Song" by Radiohead. I dunno.

Zerimski said:
Konstantine by Something Corporate
i cried when i first listened to it :eek:

Out of Reach - The Get Up Kids
Ever So Sweet - Early November
Crakd - Lost and Alone

Ben Folds - Fred Jones Part 2

also Ben Folds Five - Mess

Radiohead - Exit Music(For a Film) in its own way.

just thought of some more

david gray - please forgive me
nearly anything by sigur ros
beck - everybody's gotta learn sometime
coldplay - the scientist
craig armstrong - balcony scene
ephraim lewis & laura satterfield - i know i dont walk on water
faithless - don't leave
john lennon - imagine (reminds me of a funeral)
jeff buckley - hallelujah
sarah mcLauchlan - angel (ultimatley depressing...make you want to ball)
sinead o'connor - nothing compares to you
snow patrol - run
the streets - dry your eyes

thats all i can think of now

The music in The Hulk when he is walking away at the end.

Beatles - Yesterday
Roy Orbison - Cryin
Don Mclean - American Pie
Don Mclean - Vincent
Doors - The End
Doors - LA Woman
Jimi Hendrix - Hear my train acoming
Queen - Nevermore
Queen - Take my breathe away

Philip Hii playing classical music on an acoustic guitar. Why is it depressing? If I even think about playing that stuff on a guitar my hands cramp up. :E

Queen Adreena - Pretty Polly (The story thats told in it and the way the vocals area all mixed together.)

David Gray - The Other Side (This song is also more depressing if you hear about the reason why he wrote it.)

Most of Rob Dougan's stuff, more specificly "I'm not Driving Anymore" and "Nothing At All"

I'll get some more at some point.

I would have posted but you've covered them all... allot of radiohead, coldplay, nin.
I agree with Neptuneuk. Adams song by Blink is the only decent song they did... and one hell of a depressing one at that. I got some though browsing my playlist;

Oasis - Dont go away
RHCP - Otherside
REM - Everybody Hurts
REM - At my most beautiful
Stereophonics - Since a told you its over (and others)
The Cure - Boys dont cry
Verve - Sonnet
Moby - Atleast we tried

- Nothing To Lose, by Billy Talent
- Wake Me Up When September Ends, by Green Day, kind of makes me feel sad
- as does Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Not a lot of others I can recommend; I'm not exactly knowledgeable in the ways of non-contemporary-non-mainstream music. But Nothing To Lose is one of the more depressing songs I've heard from new artists.

When This Is All Over - Hayden (about a mother in Ontario who killed her kids by pushing them and the car they were in into a lake. Told from the kids point of view, i cry every single time i listen to this song. YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS SONG.)
The Drugs Don't Work - Ben Harper (live version) (originally a Verve song)
You Had Time - Ani Difranco

You guys heard Thergothon? I haven't, but they're supposed to be the most massively depressed Doom metal band ever. If you're into the whole wrist-slitting scene, they're probably worth a spin. "Saturn's Children" by Electric Wizard is pretty freaking depressing. I can also recommend anything by Sunn 0))) as depressing music (though it's that tectonic-plate-grindingly slow, bassy and dissonant that few would actually call it "music" in the traditional sense).

I Will Be There When You Die - My Morning Jacket <---my new favourite song
(my dad died when i was 18 from a degenerative muscle disease called inclusive body myocytis. He used to be in a band when i was growing up, and his voice sounded just like this guys. I heard this and immediatly started sobbing.....I don't know....i'm having a bad night i guess)

Back