the enemies just got dumb...

F

funkyFlash

This issue first appeared in Halflife2: Lost Coast. Where, all of a sudden, AI Disabled... appears in the bottom right corner, and nothing moves. (Helicopters don't die either, which is kinda interesting...) Yes, I do own HL2, my account is funkyFlash. I don't have some pirated chinese copy. I have a legit copy of HL2, and every time i've seen this issue in forums, it's because some douchebag has a pirated copy.

I have:
Athlon 64 3500+
OCZ DDR400 ram
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
MSI Nvidia 6800 w/ 256MB PCI-X

I also see the message "Node graph out of date. Rebuilding..." However, the timing of that message usually has no relevance to when the AI dies.

This also happens in vanilla HL2. I tested it, and it took longer to show up, but again, all of a sudden, everyone lost their soul...

I tried ai_debug_lookbusy 1, but to no avail. I also can't get it to show me net_graph 3 or anything, so I wonder if something else is up...

I didn't have this issue before, but my comptuer was being special ed in other ways, so I reinstalled XP x64. HL2 was the first thing I installed, and this issue showed up. Yes, I have the newest drivers for all components of my system.

Thank you in advance! If you need any other information, let me know!

Don't worry .. i'm sure good ol' BeerDude will be along soon to help :p

surprisingly enough, ai_disable worked. kinda creepy when all the combine and headcrabs came pouring into the room i was in, but it worked. it just uncovered another crash issue i've previously been working with... thanks UltimaApocalypse!

Whenever I come across a problem like this I just use Steam to verify my HL2 game cache file...

Idonotbelonghere said:
Whenever I come across a problem like this I just use Steam to verify my HL2 game cache file...

We've lost this one to Beerdudes Advice, it seems.

Wait what did I miss :|
Sorry I just returned from a LAN party so :p

well, i typed ai_disable in the console once, and it fixed it from that point forward.

i've been dealing with my compuer locking up an looping the sound buffer, and after about 5 minutes, it resolves itself. however, this appears in other games, it's not specific to hl2, so I won't trouble this forum with that...

Well in Half Life 2 I usually type in cl_forcepreload 1, which reduces some lag and loading times.

As for sound buffering, use the Steam friends beta which fixes all of that.

i think i've narrowed it down to a DirectX issue, but thank you. See, I install steam/hl2/cs, and it's all dandy. Then, I install Civ4, which decides xp64 dx9 isn't good enough, so it installs some more random dx9 stuff, supposedly. that seems to be when the issue appears. so, i follow the instructions i found online to remove any added dx, and revert to the stuff that came with windows (which in the case of xp x64, is dx9c, and not the broken ass dx9c which came with Civ4). so, all is well.

Back