The "Help me get Far Cry 2" to start thread

Escaep

Tank
Reaction score
Alrighty. I have posted this same problem in the Far Cry 2 thread but i think it gets overlooked. I have sent a question into the Steam support people and am awaiting an answer. I found the same problem here, but none of the suggestions work. Some people say to edit your game profile, but the problem is is that the game does not create one until it launches. In the below quote is everything i have tried.

Anyways:

Alright. I am pretty pissed off right now. My game refuses to start. I have reinstalled the game once already. What happens is after clicking "Launch game" in Steam the Far Cry 2 logo pops up then goes away and the game will not go any further. Steam will recognize me as in game in Far Cry 2 but once the logo goes away so does it telling me i am in game. I have read a few Steam threads but nothing has seemed to answer my question.

YES i have restarted Steam
YES i have restarted Windows
YES i meet the minimum requirements
YES my Windows is up to date
YES i have reinstalled the game
YES i have verified the game cache.
YES i have turned my firewall off

Can anyone help me?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz
2 GB DDR2 667
ATI 2600 PRO

So can some kind soul help a brother out?

I fixed my problem, you can close this if you need to.

What did you do?

Well, i kind of fixed it and i kinda didn't.

To get Far Cry 2 to run i navigated to my System32 folder and deleted Nucleus.dll. What it does i don't know but the file caused the same problem to other people with Bioshock. That fixed my Far Cry 2.

HOWEVER,

That same file is needed by the Map Editor. So now the map editor doesn't work. Doesn't make sense to me why something that keeps the game from running is needed by something else in the game to run.

Back