The identity of Odessa

herbster

Reaction score
"THE LIVES OF A BENGAL LANCER

The 41st Bengal Lancers are stationed on the Northwest Frontier of British India, guarding against Afridi invaders led by wily Mohammed Khan. Experienced (though insubordinate) Lieut. McGregor is joined by two new arrivals, haughty Forsythe and callow Donald Stone...son of the commanding colonel. We follow the three through varied adventures and hardships. Will they uphold the honor of the regiment? Will Stone and the Colonel come to terms with their difficult relationship?"
Excerpt from a description of a book by Rudyard Kipling

Just seeing as the G-man was seen talking with Colonel Odessa Cubbage (not personaly verified) and the prima character biographies talk of him regaling tales of Rudyard Kipling and the bengal lancers, I thought perhaps he may be an employee of the G-man himself (sorry I didn't check for past discussion on this). This would mean that the G-man has existed for a long time before Black Mesa and that whatever the resistance "may" have paid him with was worth more than simply Gordon. I would also assume he isn't second in the list of the G-mans' most valuable employees, indicating that Adrian (I believe he is called) and others may have arrived (in my opinion), before Gordon.

Just throwing it out there.

yeah, i think the G-Man has been "recruiting" employees over the ages and placing them in statis, only letting them out when they become useful.

Of course...this doesn't really go with the fact that the back of his jacket says "SECURITY".

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Of course...this doesn't really go with the fact that the back of his jacket says "SECURITY".

We all know that it's impossible to change one's clothes after all....

I am too embarrased to enter any thread in which Eejit has posted in :LOL:

But as for Cubbage, well, i dunno :p

I don't think Cubbage is an employee of Gman. I'm thinking Gman just gave the RPG to Cubbage and told him to give it to Gordon.

Eejit said:
We all know that it's impossible to change one's clothes after all....
Kind sir...

It said security on the back of his jacket, but the coat of arms on the front was clearly meant to be interpreted as the seal of some sort of military organization. The RAF, perhaps? Now...what self-respecting ACTUAL pilot sews a patch like that onto the front of a security guard's jacket and doesn't bother to remove the "security"?

Well, G-man told him to give Gordon the RPG. since he can look into the future(my speculation). G-man never recruited him... he has already Gordon and Shepard.

I think the situation between the G-Man and Cubbage has to be something more than just the G-Man supplying the RPG - if the G-man wanted Gordon to have the RPG, wouldn't he just drop it in the middle of the road somewhere Gordon will come accross it?

Agreed, theres something more than just handing him a rocket launcher.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Kind sir...

It said security on the back of his jacket, but the coat of arms on the front was clearly meant to be interpreted as the seal of some sort of military organization. The RAF, perhaps? Now...what self-respecting ACTUAL pilot sews a patch like that onto the front of a security guard's jacket and doesn't bother to remove the "security"?

One as eccentric as Cubbage!
Although I don't think he's from the RAF.

Eejit said:
One as eccentric as Cubbage!
Although I don't think he's from the RAF.
I'll give you eccentric... but you have to give me cowardly... which is certainly unbecoming of a man of true military background.

G-man wanted Cubbage to make sure that Gordon gets the RPG. If he drops it in the middle of a road anyone could pick it up! He's just making sure Gordon gets it so he can use it there and for furture fights.

Oooooor, Gman was actually informing the brit of the incoming attack. Duh duhhhhhhhhh

Back