The last boss? <-- Another giant alien?

G

At the end of half-life, when I found myself fighting that floating alien thing... I have to admit that I was dissapointed, I didn't like it. It just didn't seem right, probably was from a story line perspective.

But considering that we are no longer in Xen in HL2, what do you think is the probability of fighting yet another massive giant, or strange looking alien? I for one, would LOVE to duke it out with an EXTREMLY tough AI soldier like a general.

I forget which game it was, maybe Opossing Force, but one of the last bosses you had to shoot the eyes with the lasers, then something opened and you shot the inside.... the whole "fighting puzzel" thing like that isn't all that fun either. Infact... maybe like a movie ending would be cool. To watch a Scripted sequence telling you all the answeres to the little holes in the plot, assuming there are any...

I just thought of something, what if the final thing in the end is to save Alyx, I see her being kidnapped... think thats plausable?

Overall, I hope its not a giant alien that you have to aim for a stomach or something on an open shot... what are your opinions regarding last boss?

I like it when games get creative, I hope in HL2 they have a creatively done ending.

You have to kill G-Man after you find out he's your father.

There are no cutscenes in Half-Life 2. You will always be in control of your character or watching from your character's perspective during scripted sequences.

I hate the boss/puzzle battles, it's stupid that the alien can only be harmed by shooting it's eyes to make it open it's stomach so you can shoot in there.

I think it's ok if you only have a small caliber weapon and you have to shoot some armored type alien in a certain sopt, but when you have giant laser cannons but can only shoot in in the stomach it's rediculous.

Yeah, but you can still have scripted sequence to tell the end of the story, tie it all together.

LOL, it would be funny if at the end of the game, all the questions are answered but you run off or something and don't get the ending.

Well, Half-Life 3 is gunna be made so I guess that will happen

Originally posted by Animal
LOL, it would be funny if at the end of the game, all the questions are answered but you run off or something and don't get the ending.

G-Man
"Gordon, I am your..."

Gordon
*gets teleported to Xen*

Us
"...You are Gordons WHAT... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!!! NOOOOO!!!"

A giant floating baby was not a good boss imo, having to drop stuff in its head to blow it away was quite lame...

Where is your proof... HL3???

...no, you know what, I don't care, if you say so, cause HL3 will PWN.

Valve have already said in an old interview, HL3 will be likely, I don't know if they came out and said it, but they certainly hinted at it.

Come on guys. Everyone always complains about the final boss or how the way the game ended was lame.

It doesn't matter what happens. Think of your most favorite part in Half Life was, now if that was how the game ended would you still be disapointed? Most likely.

What if this time we have to fight a giant mutated head crab with like... a crowbar!

Id take on an armored giant headcrab out in the empty ocean.

The last boss will be to fight the combine fortress and stop it from eatng the city by attacking all the city eater's bolts making the teeth fall out.

You find out the G-Man is your brother, married to Alyx. You will have to fight their baby while keeping you're dog from stealing your weapons.

what if freeman and alyx have a child, and he becomes a renagade teen, and hes the main character in HL3, taking up his dads guns, and Pwning alien skum in a Doom like future?

you'll find out the combine fortress is being controlled by a giant brain that shoots mind bullets at you

Personally, I hope there isn't a boss battle like in Opposing Force or HL1. I hope it has more of an ending like Halo. I like that style ending. Set some bomb off or a chain reaction of some sort to blow the whole combine fortress to bits while fighting your way out of it with a time limit. After reaching a safe distance, you can just turn around and watch the fireworks. Or maybe to force you into the final ending cinematic sorta dealy, you could hop into the back of an APC and just watch from there and have other characters talk to you or something. Just so you can't miss the ending :p

Originally posted by AcousticToad
A giant floating baby was not a good boss imo, having to drop stuff in its head to blow it away was quite lame...

Yeah extremely pathetic...
But it would have been stupid if you had to kill the G-man because we didn't know shit about him

Fighting something in the ocean would be cool, maybe while on a boat.

maybe a military senerio, an extremely difficult obsticle, and when you get through.. you press some button that... makes everything back to normal.

i hope i can take DOG around with me all the way.

"Here boy fetch me that Combine femur"
"Good boy"
"Quit homping the G-Mans Leg down boy!Down!"

I liked that giant headcrab with the massive bollocks, but the last boss
was one of the worst i've ever seen.

Would you like to see The bosses health bar?
I found the last two bosses on Half Life 1 quite annoying because i was shooting and shooting and thinking, when is this gonna end!!
If you know you've only a little health left and the bosses needs one more shot to kill it, it can be VERY exciting.
It adds alot more drama

I agree, nothing like *BAM* in your face, just like a smallll bar on the side or something.... or maybe have it show physically.

Actually... didnt he show it? by haveing less and less orbs?

yeah, halo's ending was fantastic...especially on legendary...

**hold me**

The final boss in HL2 is against the Gman. You only get one shot at him and if you miss and/or don't kill him them HL2 will proceed to reformat your hard drive and corrupt the Bios on your motherboard. This sounds so fun I can't wait!

Originally posted by exoeight
What if this time we have to fight a giant mutated head crab with like... a crowbar!

Id take on an armored giant headcrab out in the empty ocean.

No, it is highly likely that you will be forced to chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with........... A HERRINNNNNNNNNNG!

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
Personally, I hope there isn't a boss battle like in Opposing Force or HL1.
Op4's final boss was crap 'cause you couldn't attack it properly with your own weapons. You had to use those stupid bloody lasers. Lame.

There'll probably be a final boss but I doubt it'll be THAT bad - I quite liked Nihilanth. It wasn't that bad. Gonarch was testicularly disturbing...

I think we need something fresh and original, since 1993 till this second all games got a boss in the end. HL2 I believe will be diffrent.

And have what, exactly?

Although it should be noted that DX didnae have an end boss. Go DX!

that would be cool if somewhere in HL2 Alyx gets captured or is in danger or something, and the GMan orders you to stay on task and forget about her, but your like screw you gman, I want my pussy. Then you go to save alyx and the Gman creates a clone of you to do his bidding, and then he sends the clone out to kill you, and the boss is none other than YOURSELF! BWAHAHA

I don't mind having a boss battle at the end.
Remember Blue Shift? I was like "where's the boss?" when that thing ended.
It's just disapointing not to have one if you ask me.

I hate bosses, there completely useless and pointless and hurt the story. Although I liked the end boss in Half-Life.

Back