The Last Great War Update

A

Azlan

The Last Great War is a realistic first person shooter based in a wartime setting. Tonight they have released a fantastic set of renders to showcase the great work they have been doing since Christmas. [br]

[br]To view more about the Last Great War, click here to be whisked away to their website. [br]</br>
In the coming days, expect another press release from them as well as an interview regarding the mod's development.

I hope you guys enjoy them (in case you don't know, I'm LGW's development leader/webmaster). And as my buddy Azlan said, keep your eyes open for more media in the next week or so!

Here are the other renders:

m12shotgun-full.jpg

m1carbine-full.jpg

typr44-full.jpg

m1928thompson-full.jpg

Man those look sweet, they look real. Keep up the god work :)

Oh, and we are hiring right now for:

Programmers
Level Texture Artists
2d artists/skinners
Character artists
Animators

Art job applications can either go to the adress on the website or
[email protected]

Good work LGW, however, I don't really like the render style... seems like it might be lowering the quality in appearance of the models/skins.

Great work, the skin of the models especielly the wood ones look very worn, like they've been in muddy action for a long time. As I said props to your skinner...

*EDIT* You might wan't to add a normalmap to the shotgun though to depthen the cuttins on the "cocker", as well as the holes in the barrel.

The wheels aren't touching the upper treads...

there was a time when i thought that insurgency had the best war renders kicking. that time has passed. those are awe inspiring, really really great. those renders are works of art in and of themselves. hard to imagine their for a game. very very wonderfull

They're nice but they dont look that good/real. Why is it that they dont look real to me? Maybe its the lighting...
Still, very nice workage.

polyguns said:
... those are awe inspiring, really really great. those renders are works of art in and of themselves. hard to imagine their for a game. very very wonderfull
I don't think that the render does the justice to the model and skins too well. Because of that little poke at INS, I assume you may be saying this because of my seemingly negative criticism. I was merely saying that the render was poor in my opinion, not the actual models or textures themselves. I've seen a few of these not in those render styles and they are very good.

They look great to me, especially the tank.

Argyll said:
I don't think that the render does the justice to the model and skins too well. Because of that little poke at INS, I assume you may be saying this because of my seemingly negative criticism. I was merely saying that the render was poor in my opinion, not the actual models or textures themselves. I've seen a few of these not in those render styles and they are very good.

poke? shit ins is one of my most anticipated mods by far. ins shit is QUALITY. but not to take away from this stuff, those renders are fabuliscious.

i think its great, we got an awsome looking ww2 mod and an awsome looking modern infantry, i remember the ins days of the op coin laundry mat :D

don't take that as a jab, im still gonna do some ins normal maps as soon as jeremy sends me some that need to be done :d

alec, i mention both cause their 1337. not trying to start a war, just express what i think :D.

ill let ya'll deal with war, ill do my lil monsters. so bounce :bounce:

Lighting might be my fault. The renders were too dark, so I had to use PS to brighten, sorry about that, lol.

Thanks for the kind words fellas, thats just the kinda thing that keeps us goin strong!

Back