Spy
Reaction score
You buy it through steam:

1) CS Source INSTANTLY - Steam
2) Half-Life 2 DVD through your door in choice of packing on release
3) Half-Life Source when its available - Steam
4) DoD Source when its available - Steam

It will be known as the [AH] Viper package

Thats what I want... why don't they offer it?!

Can't they see that we want EVERYTHING for less?! Come on Valve!

AH_Viper said:
You buy it through steam:

It will be known as the [AH] Viper package

Can't they see that we want EVERYTHING for less?! Come on Valve!

that wud be ace :)

Valve cannot sell CD's/DVD's over steam(online) as it violates thier agreement with vivendi.

That would be sweet, but that is not possible, due to contractual agreements with VU.

mirageacg said:
That would be sweet, but that is not possible, due to contractual agreements with VU.

Actually, wouldn't it just require them to co-operate for once? After all, Steam is already an integral part of Half Life 2 (online verification for example) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to have a Hybrid package like this. I think it's more a matter of dividing profits than contractual obligations... but that's just how I see it.

1) Download via Steam.

2) Burn GCFs to DVD.

3) Play game.

AH_Viper said:

Yep I wish they would add DoD:S to the retail packages :(

They can't add in DoD because it isn't finished yet. They can in the steam packages because as soon as it is available you will be able to download it.

Theoretically they could do something like the ATi voucher system with the retail though, giving you a special coupon that would let you get it free when it came out. But I guess they won't.

But when DoD does come out, they will of course allow you to buy it separately - which is pretty much the same as if you bought it in the retail package to begin with (unless you're on dial-up and can't download it) because it will cost extra money, but so would have the retail package if it had included it.

Lanthanide said:
They can't add in DoD because it isn't finished yet. They can in the steam packages because as soon as it is available you will be able to download it.

Well it could be finished by the time HL² is ready too.

-Could- be, but unlikely, and probably the fact that it isn't in the CE is indicated that they believe that it won't be ready.

The fact that HL:S is in the CE indicates that they believe it will be ready by the time HL2 is, however.

joepjens said:
albert heijn, a supermarket here in the netherlands.

Indeed, perhaps it has something to do with the whole :Housemerkparty" goin on? Bonusaanbieding for HL2? :afro:

GOLD -- $89.95

Half-Life 2*

Counter-Strike: Source

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games

3 different Half-Life 2 posters

Half-Life Collector's box

Half-Life 2 hat

Half-Life 2 postcard

Half-Life 2 stickers

Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD

Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

they need to be more specific on what "half life collectors box" is... just the box? or the box with game, and shouldnt it read "Half Life 2 Collectors box" ????

someone should email valve. im too lazy. im buying silver anyway.

Lanthanide said:
-Could- be, but unlikely, and probably the fact that it isn't in the CE is indicated that they believe that it won't be ready.

The fact that HL:S is in the CE indicates that they believe it will be ready by the time HL2 is, however.

Yeah but listen they could easily give DoD:S to all CE owners if they wanted to, you know how the CZ owners got the CS Beta? well they could do something like all accounts bound to CE retail keys will get DoD when it comes out.

Keyword here is: could. But they probably wanted to add another incentive to make the steam packages more attractive. They won't fool me! hah! :LOL:

By the way someone did email valve about that box, read about it in the "Info From Valve" thread, last post.

Back