the man behind gman

Reaction score
Since playing half-life way back in 98, ive been a big fan of the gman character. But I've never read an interview with the man behind the voice, Michael Shapiro. I mean, ive seen the interview with Merle Dandridge and Harry S. Robins on you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-ZiQGPDdw

And not to mention that Merle Dandridge provided some of the commentary tracks on ep2. But where is the love for Michael? Both Barney and Gman are two of the most iconic characters in half-life. does anyone know of an interview with him? or did valve ask him to never talk about the games in order to keep us guessing?

dude the guy that does Dr. Kliener doesnt even have to act for his part:LOL::LOL:

but ya... id love to see what mike shapiro is like... i think he may even do another voice in addition to barney and the g-man but i could be wrong

Since playing half-life way back in 98, ive been a big fan of the gman character. But I've never read an interview with the man behind the voice, Michael Shapiro. I mean, ive seen the interview with Merle Dandridge and Harry S. Robins on you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-ZiQGPDdw

And not to mention that Merle Dandridge provided some of the commentary tracks on ep2. But where is the love for Michael? Both Barney and Gman are two of the most iconic characters in half-life. does anyone know of an interview with him? or did valve ask him to never talk about the games in order to keep us guessing?

He probably just couldn't make it...

He's busy with directing movies. I sent him a mail ages ago (he replied me back). He's a nice guy.

I was surprised that they hadn't met before. I realize they aren't doing their voice recordings together, but one might expect that they would run into eachother.

He's busy with directing movies. I sent him a mail ages ago (he replied me back). He's a nice guy.

Well that's good. And I can understand if hes busy, but even a little email interview on some low key gaming site would be nice. I mean, he helped shape one of the greatest and most mysterious PC characters ever. I'm sure he has some interesting thoughts about early character development (hl1) and then fully fleshing out (hl2, ep1, ep2) the gman (and barney as well). But more importantly, i want to know if he prank calls anyone using the gman voice :LOL:

He probably just couldn't make it...

Well i didn't mean that interview, i was just giving an example of how other voice actors from the half-life series have been interviewed.

Back