The Matrix map: Would custom Matrix models be cool? + Any out there?

MoonQuake

Reaction score
Hi folks, like most of you know I'm making a matrix map for CS:S.

Two Questions for you guys...

1- Would custom player models be cool for the map?
Like, T's could be Agent Smiths and CT's Neos. (example)

2- I was looking for good Matrix skins for CS:S but couldn't find any.
Maybe I suck, but all I found was a skin for CS:

http://www.banana.nu/?section=viewitem.skins.skins.main.1071
This is the kind of high quality skins I'm looking for.

Do you know of any Matrix skins/models for CS:S? Or could YOU model awesome models for use with the map?

Many, many thanks

MQ

Hmm, well I'd be surprised if you could use map specific client skins like that. Besides, you'd pretty much be bordering on making a mod, so you might as well do that instead.

/$.02

Hehe, I don't want to make a mod. :)

I know, I'm just asking to see what people think.

MQ

imo don't spend your time on that. Finish this map, make it great and move on to a different project. That's just a waste of time, because everybody hates to download all those models from a server when they connect.

Anyway, good luck with the map!

Insane: the thing is, maps like these cannot be downloaded when you connect to a server. Like dust or office, which are big maps, you gotta have the stuff already installed to join a server that has the map/models because downloading this from the server would take ages.

Hence it would be easy and convenient for player to use Matrix models. Also, I wouldn't be making the models myself, I don't have time so that's why I ask! :)

MQ

the thing is, maps like these cannot be downloaded when you connect to a server. Like dust or office, which are big maps, you gotta have the stuff already installed to join a server that has the map.

Never heard this before.

I agree that most people (me too) won't care for the models. I suppose it's not a terrible thing if they exist, but I think I'd prefer to play the map with the regular models (it's still counterstrike after all).

Lastly, I don't know of any models, and I can't make 'em either.

You can embed custom content into the map files, and I *think* that overrides content anywhere else, including the GCFs, so there's no reason a single map couldn't have custom models, I guess.

Yeah, I got a few things that will be embeded in the map, and if custom models override the default models, that'd be great but I don't want to make the move unless people think that's a good idea.

MQ

Stick to the regular ones please. All the ppl in the matrix are all black, so you can't see who is who. The only way is to make agent smith a grey suit, and neo a green or blue one :rolleyes: . That just doesn't sound good.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I got a question about your map. Does the greenish tone make it harder to see the ct models?

The Brick: I haven't had any problems so far discerning T from CT with the different tones of the movie. As you know, in the movies, some areas are kinda dark. I'll have to make sure all areas are bright enough so we see everything, without making all of them superbright like on most CS:S maps.

MQ

Back