The mysterious alien. (SPOILERS)

BigJack

Reaction score
In the ending section of hl2, we see Breen talking to some bulbous creature on a screen. The way half life 2 is now set up, screens have to display an actual part of the map, they are not pre-recorded videos. So therefore, there must be a model for this strange alien.
Iv already tried and failed to do this with gcf openers, but can anyone possibly find this model? Im not much of a whizz kid, but i'm sure one of you can find the model amongst the myriad of others.

On another different note, didnt you feel the enemies in hl2 were very unvaried? i mean, come on, 3 years and all u have is 3 varieties of cops??? i wanted assasins....big hefty things that cannot be destroyed no matter how u pound 'em...just like in hl1.

2 Types of zombies, 3 types of headcrab, 3 or 4 types of Combine (metrocops, blue visors, orange masks, white suits)
But i agree, i wish there were assassins or something

It's pretty much just that. A big bulb of flesh with a mask.

The combine are meant to be uniform. Resistance is futile and whatnot. They had assassins, but they became the speed zombie.

Want un-destroyable? Try a strider on Hard. It take 6 missles to take out a Combine Gunship (Easy takes 3)

The big thing at the end is called a Combine Advisor. In the strategy guide it says: Behold the real face of the Combine. A gaint, green, sluglike entity with the gift of telekinesis appears for the briefest moments of Breen's computer monitors within the Citadel.

i zoomed around the first level and found a whole stage area off of the main map which had the backgrounds for when gman is talking in the intro, and a model of the top half of breen for the video screens, ill look around and find a model for this guy and post pics, give me 10 minutes...

ok i found it, making the shots now and also making a map on how to get to the model so you can check it out yourself...

pic1: ok from this position noclip directly to the right and you should see a black box, the model is in there (pic 2)

the rest of the pics are just pics of that model.

That thing (or something very similar) comes off the bottom of the striders when you blow them up.

In fact if you pick it up with the gravity gun it still moves a little like it's still alive.

i never saw anything fall of the striders. oh man, ill have to play through again to check :naughty:

Back