The official Pre/post HL2 experience thread

alehm

Reaction score
Ok the rules for this thread are very simple. Simply post what your excitement or concerns for Half Life 2 are.

Then once Half Life 2 is released and you have played through the game, come back and quote your original post and state whether what you said came to pass or not.

I'll start:

For HL2 I am excited about having a long single player experience and the use of physics in gameplay. This should add for some creative and memorable gaming moments that have long snice been missing in recent PC games.

I am concerned however about friendly NPCs like Alyx and the 'Dog' being involved in the game. Traditionally, having sidekicks in a game have yeilded mixed results and I don't want to have to babysit characters to make sure they stay alive or the game ends. I really hope Valve will successfully pull this off.

Originally posted by alehm
I don't want to have to babysit characters to make sure they stay alive or the game ends. I really hope Valve will successfully pull this off.

That is so common amongst players, even online games like CS: no one gives a damn about the VIP.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to crawling my way through City17, I just love to take my time and be extra cautious pretending there could be enemies just around the corner. I simply love urban settings, they get my "spidey" sense all tingling : )

I would seriously love being on a high-rise style situation very dodgy woodern planks that break under foot or enemy fire.

What I want to see:
-something I didn't expect. or hopefully, a lot of things I didn't expect.
-hl2 running swoit on my ti4200 :D
-less scripting, more ai (almost guaranteed)
-mp. I dont care what it is, i just want to see it :D
-originality

What I hope not to see:
-300 "push this box to make this thing do something cool" type puzzles
-headcrabs within 1 foot of the screen :p
-less than brilliance.

pretty high expectations but there ya go.

i want a scene on top of a really high building, ie the combine tower, look down and litrally be too scared to jump off because of the realism ;o

Look forward to:
-Running over stuff with vehicles.
-Running for my life from Striders.

Don't Look Forward To:
-More and more incessant whining about Steam
-The game ending

Off - Topic ( no need to post a new thread for this ):

If you can't wait for HL2, just follow this program:

Playing HL2 Preparation

Inclusieve countdown. :bounce:

:borg: - :borg:

I'm gonna play for a little while. Then I'll start mapping. With the ability to make large areas, and make everything a lot more realistic, its going to be great.

Anubis

First of all, I want to see what mods and addons will come out over the years, as this for me was the greatest part of HL1. I also want to see state of the art graphics at full detail able to run at a solid 50fps. And the physics will add tons of immersion to the game.

My main excitement, is HL2... Not many games you can say that for. Hl2 is just such a bundle of goodness.

Looking forward to :

AI-being able to play the same scenario/level and each time having a different experiance

Multiplayer-whateva it is ill b happy

Seeing Source run for the first time and seeing all the physics stuff at work for the first time :bounce:

Worried about:

release date- if it is out on sept 30th would it hav bin rushed (5 years i no, but still)

it not living up to expectation- :flame: :borg: :bonce:

What im looking forward too:
-Idiots to stop posting about it being delayed.
-A.I.
-EVERYTHING!
-seeing fragmaster resign from planethalflife.com (if the release date is sept. 30th)

What im not looking forward too:
-The same idiots that posted about delays coming back making threads saying it rules/sucks.
-Other ppl comin in making hl2 flame threads if it sucks.

Back