The "project up north"?

I wouldn't rule it out though. If the portal character is to be tied into the HL storyline, then it's possible the "project" could be something to do with either Aperture or the technology of the portal gun. I doubt it but I'll say it's possible.

If the Aperture project is part of the storyline, I'd say it is being develeoped by the Combine.

Note that the portal gun and a lot of other equipment in Portal is white, the same type of armor covering the Elites. Besides, the rebels dont have resources to build something on that scale (Aperture Science, inc.)

C'mon, the only link that could include P0rtal in the hl-universe would be the aperture/project site. I mean, we've go two sites, one is some intergalactical Research Fund, and the other is some...'project' of third party origin. Now, why shouldn't they be the same?
Ps: oh my gawd, I just rewatched the mossman transmission on youtube...you can hear A COMBINE DOOR, which is the thing that explodes and introduces the hunter...So, if there's a combine door...It implies, that the combine must've already been there...Sometime...
Oh me, it makes no sense...If they were already there, why didn't their possible but subsequent investigation compromise the resistance's work???
Although the place from where Mossman does her transmission doesn't really look like the aparture facilities...it does WAY not look like aperture, but maybe the facility itself is simply hidden, cause you can't just put some huge white pot onto earth, while we still have a normal human society, although it's in the middle of nowhere...Maybe we're gonna explore it sometime, wandering thru the ice, getting teleported to kraken base or flying with a C-34, whatever that plane is called, finding some remote god-forsaken place, going in, finding dead bodies, opening some doors and WUSH 'Z0mg, aperture dormetories with mating aliens shriiieeeööööök', that'd be awesome

Wadsy, you need to stop with the crack. It's going to kill you.

*brain fart* im too tired to file through this! But I do agree with alot of your ideas about w/e....im so lost it's not funny!! crazy wat nite-quil can do to u on a school night...

goodngiht kids

[/quote]Freeman, I've been waiting for you! One of your scientist pals said to give you a message. You're supposed to take this old rail system up to some kind of satellite delivery rocket. I don't know where it is exactly, and the old guy was so worried about getting out of here alive he didn't tell me. The main thing is, the military aborted the launch, so when you do find the rocket, you'll have to get up to the control room and launch it yourself. He said something about a Lambda team needing the satellite in orbit if they were ever going to clean up this mess.
Maybe the satellite was sent up to make it possible for Gordon to get into Xen without any problems, since the teleport machine in Lambda Complex required a lot of power and maybe destroyed the whole facility after that Gordon went through the portal.

Now, the bad side of the satellite was that more creatures could teleport into earth now that the satellite opened the black-hole (or something) between the two worlds even more?

And about the project at north

I have a feeling that it could be the portal gun, which could be connected with Gman's way to easily teleport from one spot to the other so easy.
Don't forget that he always goes "around a corner" before he fully dissapears.

I wrote in another thread that i thought Gman teached the ppl in Lambda Complex the way to teleport, which brings the next theory: Gman, Eli Vance and Kliener maybe had something in common once, or worked togheter. This "project" could have been the next phase of the local teleportation, or something in that way....

stupid theories of mine.. :rolleyes:

Freeman, I've been waiting for you! One of your scientist pals said to give you a message. You're supposed to take this old rail system up to some kind of satellite delivery rocket. I don't know where it is exactly, and the old guy was so worried about getting out of here alive he didn't tell me. The main thing is, the military aborted the launch, so when you do find the rocket, you'll have to get up to the control room and launch it yourself. He said something about a Lambda team needing the satellite in orbit if they were ever going to clean up this mess.

Maybe the satellite was sent up to make it possible for Gordon to get into Xen without any problems, since the teleport machine in Lambda Complex required a lot of power and maybe destroyed the whole facility after that Gordon went through the portal.

Now, the bad side of the satellite was that more creatures could teleport into earth now that the satellite opened the black-hole (or something) between the two worlds even more?

And about the project at north

I have a feeling that it could be the portal gun, which could be connected with Gman's way to easily teleport from one spot to the other so easy.
Don't forget that he always goes "around a corner" before he fully dissapears.

I wrote in another thread that i thought Gman teached the ppl in Lambda Complex the way to teleport, which brings the next theory: Gman, Eli Vance and Kliener maybe worked togheter once. This "project" could have been the next phase of the local teleportation, or something in that way....

stupid theories of mine.. :rolleyes:

The satilite was sent up to help reverse the resonance cascade. It was originaly preped for launch by Rosenburg, Green, Cross and Keller but the HECU aborted the launch. Gordon then later launched it, it was nothing to do with helpin Gordon get to Xen. It was supposed to help seal the rift, not make it wider. It's all in Decay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Decay

I'm pretty sure Gman had no contact with any of the characters pre, or during Black Mesa. However, I'm sure Eli is aware of his existence through the Vortigaunts.

Or having met him himself at some point post Black Mesa.

Wikipedia sais something about Vorts quoting the gman in HL². And yes, the gman won't talk to people unless he deems it neccessary. (correct me if I spelled it wrong)
//edit: what do you have against crack? It helps me spinning off conspiracy theories.

maybe he didn't talk with Kliener nor Eli, but maybe teached some scientist(s) in Lambda Complex the teleport technology which explains all the portals in Lambda that teleports you from 1 room to another instead of Earth > Xen (virse versa), Gman got to have some connection with LC since he's the only one who can be at place A at the first second and then place B in the next.

Don't forget that Gman teleports you around in the beginning & ending of Half-Life 2 which explains the strange white-blinks & colors appearing with the teleport sound from time to time, the same thing that happend when Llamar messed up the teleport and made it teleport Gordon to different places, including the 1 week delay of Alyx and Gordon after the destruction of Nova Prospect.

This could also include the Project in the north pole, which could be a weapon created mainly by the scientists from LC

(All info is from "raising the bar", pages 177, 184, 185.)

What is located in the artic IS the Weather control device (not the Air exchange). What it is supposed to be is not clear (and my memory is failling me right now), and it's from the early sketches of the game, those where eli vance was a solider and where the rebels had access to airplanes and military ressources.
Kind of a long shot, but it's still a possibility (and I recall the VALVe staff saying that cut up stuff may appear in ulterior games).

Back