The reason for no friendly fire

lol nice.

In raising the bar it says something to the effect of they used NPC's to draw you in coastal areas but the user would just run them over.

lol, i wouldnt be surprised.

I accedently shot the vortiguant in the red train on red letter day :rolleyes: hehe

I gotta say, I love running over the two soldiers running to the docks... you know the two I'm talking about... just come in behind them as they're running and boom! boom!... one time i got one stuck in my grill work...

good times...

I wish that they could have made it so, that just before when you see/are close to a important character, it would autosave and when you'd kill it/him, it would say the "mission failure due to mission critical character death" or something like that..

Sometimes I soooooo wish that you could kill people in your squad. There are times when they just get in the way too much and a good crowbar to the head would remedy the problem so nicely.

speaking of "no pheropods for gordon", if you use the map change cheats to get the blue gravity gun at the beginning (or anytime before youre supposed to have it) of the game, it f#cks things up, it evaporates the enemies (antlion guard for instance, so when you kill it, it disappears, the vortugant doesnt go over and zap it to get the pheropods, and you dont progress further in the game) also you can use it on npcs to get "copies" of them to throw around etc - and the magnetic roller mines get screwed up too, the gun doesnt grab them, just makes copies of them when you shoot them (although the black mesa junkyard is still playable, even though you cant throw dogs ball)...

smokinjoe99 said:
speaking of "no pheropods for gordon", if you use the map change cheats to get the blue gravity gun at the beginning (or anytime before youre supposed to have it) of the game, it f#cks things up, it evaporates the enemies (antlion guard for instance, so when you kill it, it disappears, the vortugant doesnt go over and zap it to get the pheropods, and you dont progress further in the game) also you can use it on npcs to get "copies" of them to throw around etc - and the magnetic roller mines get screwed up too, the gun doesnt grab them, just makes copies of them when you shoot them (although the black mesa junkyard is still playable, even though you cant throw dogs ball)...

Yeah, I have noticed this too. As a side note, it also messes up where you get the suit, so you cannot progress out of that room without skipping to the next map (which skips the dialoge/teleport sequence). I think this is because when you get the blue grav gun, it makes the assumption that you have the suit, and gives it to you, so even though you never picked it up (or used impulse 101), you still have it (as evidenced by the fact that you can get suit power by killing the camera-bots/using the suit charges even though you have not "picked up" the suit yet.

Does anyone know if the jbmod gravgun causes these problems too? I would like a more useful grav gun, but it breaks the script so badly (in many places) that it has not been worth it for me to play very far with it.

Back