The Scout to Star in the Next "Meet The..." Video

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
The Scout to Star in the Next "Meet The..." Video

You've met The Heavy, The Soldier and The Demoman, now get ready to meet the super fast Scout. Our Lead Editor Hectic Glenn got a confirmation from Doug Lombardi that "Meet The Scout" is the next piece of the famous "Meet The.." series.

Hectic Glenn : Any update on the next expected "Meet the..."? The bets are on the pyro currently...although we wouldn't be able to hear a word of what he/she says.[br]
Doug Lombardi : Scout is next.

A man of few words indeed, but confirmation regardless.

I love these! I hope they do one for every class, they really get me in the TF mood! Can't wait for sniper!

You forgot Meet the Engineer! PH4|3D! :p Anyways, can't wait to see the Scout talk crap in front of a Heavy and runs away like a scared dog!!! Meet the Scout is going to be 1337 PWn4G3!!! "Runnn cowaarrrdd!!"- Heavy LULZ

Me want Meet the Sniper next plz =D!!!!

This gonna be sweet knuckle heads.

Seriously, this could end up being my favorite.

Cool. Though I'm looking forward to the Spy more.

You forgot Meet the Engineer! PH4|3D! :p Anyways, can't wait to see the Scout talk crap in front of a Heavy and runs away like a scared dog!!! Meet the Scout is going to be 1337 PWn4G3!!! "Runnn cowaarrrdd!!"- Heavy LULZ

Me want Meet the Sniper next plz =D!!!!

Check his other posts for some LULZ.

Oh bleah. Scout's fun to play but his character gets right up my nose.

"Hey Moron! I broke your stupid crap!"

I really enjoy the character of the Scout, and I feel like if you get into character when you play him you'll enjoy it more and be more successful. Or at least that's what I find.

Any update on the next expected "Meet the..."? The bets are on the pyro currently...although we wouldn't be able to hear a word of what he/she says.

he/she? unless it's a really masculine female with a guy's voice, the pyro is definitely a male...

I always thought the scout said "Punk!" instead of "Boink!" at the end of his melee taunt.

:hmph:

I wonder what they will do for the pyro... they will probably have to take a different approach from having him sitting talking to the camera.

The best video i've seen about the pyro is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3rhaLVk8U
"The Day of a Pyro", really funny and perfectly suited to the class

looking forward to scout vid

Update from Doug guys:
Don?t have an ETA on the Scout yet. But shouldn?t be too long.

The new maps should be out very soon.
Doug
:D

"Very Soon" from Valve = a long time from now. I may be a pessimist but who isn't when release dates are concerned?

I swear to god if someone uses that stupid "Valve time" joke I will blow a whole in their face.

But, this is excellent news.

I swear to god if someone uses that stupid "Valve time" joke I will blow a whole in their face.

But, this is excellent news.

I practically already did. You honestly expect different when their track record supports the trend so well?

I practically already did. You honestly expect different when their track record supports the trend so well?

Honestly, who gives a flying ****? It comes out when it does. Quit bitching about it, just be happy you are getting more content for a game you paid for. This community(HL community as a whole) is one of the most ungrateful bunch I've been in...

Need a TELEPORT here! x200

Now that would be a character video that captures the scout's character. ;)

But seriously, the video will be done when it's done, as long as they don't go the way of those Duke Nukem Forever guys...

Honestly, who gives a flying ****? It comes out when it does. Quit bitching about it, just be happy you are getting more content for a game you paid for. This community(HL community as a whole) is one of the most ungrateful bunch I've been in...

It's got nothing to do with being ungrateful. It's just funny how nigh every single time Valve mention a date they miss it by a mile.

Well, I remember them announcing the medic acheivements and stating that they were going to be released in 2 weeks time. 2 months later, and we still don't have them. It's true with everything they say. Never trust Valve when they announce estimated release dates.

I'm never disappointed. I never expect anything anyway.

The Spanish Inquisition must find you a cakewalk.

I am personally overeager for anything Valve will throw at me as it seems games made on the source engine are the only ones that my computer can run that are worth playing. Hence my perhaps too aggressive pessimism concerning release dates given so many let-downs in the past. Not that is really a justification, but it's my reason none the less.

My favourite is still Meet the Heavy. I'm beginning to think they'll never outdo it :(

You came...

I want to meet the spy. :(

And meet the heavy was awesome. "Ohh my god! Who touched sasha?! Alright... WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!"

I'm not too worried if they don't make all of them, they were made to advertise the game before it's release, and show off their new facial technology. I'd rather Valve spend their time and money on making EP3, the sequel to Portal, getting L4D shipped and making some stuff rather than feel they have to make these vignettes for every character.

I just realised I hadn't seen any of them. Like with sound. I'd seen clips of the beginning without sound.

So I watched them in "HD" on my bad ass-24". God, they were amazing.

Personally I think it would be Pyro or Sniper after Scout. I'd put money on it.

I'm not too worried if they don't make all of them, they were made to advertise the game before it's release, and show off their new facial technology. I'd rather Valve spend their time and money on making EP3, the sequel to Portal, getting L4D shipped and making some stuff rather than feel they have to make these vignettes for every character.

They are gonna get delayed no matter what, so we might as well have these videos to pass the time.

They are gonna get delayed no matter what, so we might as well have these videos to pass the time.

It's taking valves mirror polishers away from the important stuff, namely new content, is my point. I'd like to see EP3 next year, not 2010.:dozey:

Tough, it won't be here until 2012 Olympics.

And yeah, mirror polishers probably don't have too much to do right now. They're probably still sat around waiting for bakers and candlestick makers to do their works.

Back