The Sims 2.......wats the problem????

Reaction score
hi all, ok so i gots the sims 2 and installed it, i just got my new card (X800 XT PE) and everything other game i own works to the best, but im having trouble with THIS GAME, ive updated it, still no luck, i have big ammount of lag......where the hell did this come from? i thought i had a pretty kik ass system and it cant even play this to the potential its ment too? is there anyone who has this problem or no's how to fix it, plz reply , my system specs are below, thx!

damn looks like im outa luck then, im running the 4.12beta's and yeh, theres kinda not much more driver updating i can do, but a quick question, if i were to use the new omegas (worked great on my old card) would that remove the overdrive feature from my advanced menu?, cause i wanna keep that, but if not, ill try changing to the omegas thx

The Sims 2 is ok I guess. It is fun to make men pregnent with alien babies though :devil:

wat the hell are u on?????????!!!!!!!lol jks, well if thats the way u like to stear and distort the game, by all means do wateva u like to do lol.......but im still having this weird lag and i got WAY more than enough that the requirements say

I also get lag to and my PC is good. I hope they release a patch for this lag. I remember when I first installed it on my PC there wasn't any lag at all.

They are called beta drivers for a reason... try using an actual release...

Evolution_rulz said:
wat the hell are u on?????????!!!!!!!lol jks, well if thats the way u like to stear and distort the game, by all means do wateva u like to do lol.......but im still having this weird lag and i got WAY more than enough that the requirements say

If you go in Strangetown and in the Curious family, on like the 6th floor there is nothing but a telescope. Get someone up there and use it and it shows a cinematic of them being abducted and then one random person from the family give birth to an alien child :frog:

Don't worry about buying a crib etc. It is already there

Sims2 didn't work that good on the card i've got either...not sure why it didn't but it would drop in FPS loads when lots of stuff started happening and i zoomed out. I have an X800pro so maybe its just the X800 cards.. :/

I'm running a 9600 pro and I've run into no problems. 800x600 everything on high. My old monitor didn't support 1024x768 at 75hertz. I can't stand a 60hertz refresh.

its a cpu hoggin bastard thats y,ive the exact same specs as you but with a 160gb hd and i get lag,i feel sorry for the poor 'casual' gamer who bought it and they got 14 fps with their ol system,they really need to release a patch but hey its ea

yeh it kinda annoys me at the fact that when we buy a new system or upgrade to gamers specs or somthing, we expect to be able to play everything the way we want it to, but then to relise they've gone and screwed around with us. I mean wats the point in spending all this money wen u cant the games u want....i mean 800 odd dollars is alot for a 14yr old like myself, just to get computer component, pisses me off really

i agree evo but after a while you'll just accept it and take the step of lowering your settings,it is a joke how developers always blame peoples systems for poor performance yet just wont admit they made a badly programmed and optimised game,vampire:bl for example but all your other should run fine,just remember to update your sound,graphics card and mobo drivers,defrag,remove spyware,tweak your virtual memory if you have too etc

hey yeh on that, how would u tweak ur virtualy memory, i gained a few fps when i took out my older RAM chip and just left the dual channel in there, but i think my RAM is abit full (needs a "clean" or somthing) anyways thx

Back