The thing i want the source be able to do!

T

Tboneman356

Well, the thing that every game really dosnt have realistically is the amount of shrapnel from explosions. Will the source be albe to have shrapnel not just as a hit recognition but acutaul model moving at super high velocity with its own mass, trajectory? I always get pissed because in so many games shrapnel is taken account for and isnt realistic at all.

HL2 pawns all!, Muhhaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheese:

Shrapnel? why? no! God no!

Listen, shrapnel would eat up processing power by the bucket load. Plus you wouldn't really see it since it flies at a tremendous speed!

As long as I can throw a satchel bomb into a 10 X 10 room, full of computers, cabniets, desks, chairs, and papers, and have them explode and break apart in full glory,I'll be happy.

God,think of the possibilities with that and CS2..

True, but it's just a particle system. It would be cool to have it so a grenade knocks chunks out of the landscape, but that is a bit more ambitious.

As Gabe would say. This isn't a limitation on the source....bla bla bla you know the rest.

CS2 will probably suck incredibly. They wont dare to change anything so it will be like the regular with better graphics and such...

Play Aliens vs Predator 1. They had a fragmentation grenade with plus 50 pieces of shrapnel tearing apart anything they hit (playing on slow motion and dropping those things in a croud was always fun).
BTW, if AvP could do it in it's day, HL2 should be able to without problems.

it would be kind of cool to see a hunk of shrapnel stuck in somones head

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
it would be kind of cool to see a hunk of shrapnel stuck in somones head

Yep.

Anyway, I like the idea of being able to blow objects at enemies with explosives (lile the car in the 'traptown' movie). Oh yes.

Originally posted by alb1221
and what I ask, would be wrong with that??

Its a boring repetitive game?

It has no point?

It is only played by 12 year old script kiddies?

There are 547 clones of it in the works for HL2?

50% of all mods ive seen for HL2 will use atleast half of the weapons in CS?

People think its realistic?

I can shoot someone in the face multiple times and they can still kill me?

Its ...blah blah ect ect ..you get the ppoint.

Counter-Strike used to be good... The good old days between beta 1.1 and beta 4. I used to play it for hours a day. I used to model and animate for it as well. But they sucked.

I look forward to seeing what they can do with Source.

crabcakes, your points go absolutely nowhere. It all depends on the person playing the game. Also I like how you point out that 50% of all mods you've seen for HL2 use atleast half of the weapons in CS! That possibly could be because they are real life weapons?! lmfao.

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
crabcakes, your points go absolutely nowhere. It all depends on the person playing the game. Also I like how you point out that 50% of all mods you've seen for HL2 use atleast half of the weapons in CS! That possibly could be because they are real life weapons?! lmfao.
But then, if they use them, they have to be a CS clone, dont they? No army in the world uses the CS mix, unless I'm completely off the wall, which I usually am :)

Counter strike is bascailly nub on weapons, damage is bs on cs, dont u hate it when u shoot a person in the chest with a glock and takes like 7 heatlh, ok a 9mm round in chest would kill u, i hope in cs 2 they make it better,

People think its realistic?

hahah CS isnt supposed to be realistic, who said that? i think that CS would suck even more if it was 1 shot kills.

Originally posted by bizzy420
hahah CS isnt supposed to be realistic, who said that? i think that CS would suck even more if it was 1 shot kills.

I hear it everyday.... seems like half the people that play it think its real.
Thats what annoys me.....not that it isnt realistic.

No i think its becuase alot of the mods are started by 12 year olds and they will go no where if they dont have some originality.

Yeah...id like to see a real CT using a .50 desert eagle.........

Some British SAS Counter Terrorist, if they elect, are equiped with an Isreali Desert Eagle.

Along with the well known CS gun AUG and P90. P90 will quickly push the Mp5A2 out of action, because the P90 is so cheap to manufacture and the rounds shot /second are unmatched with any gun of its size.

What's wrong with Counter-strike? It's a good mod, maybe that's why it's the most popular online game. I don't play it anymore, mainly because I've played it since beta 1 and I've gotten tired of it. CS isn't the only mod that attracts annoying 12-year olds, but since it has such a large fan-base, naturally there are more of them.

Yeah same here, im taking a break from cs, haven't played for a couple of years, ended up using cheats to try to put the fun back in but that got boring too.

Some British SAS Counter Terrorist, if they elect, are equiped with an Isreali Desert Eagle.

The desert eagle is an american gun.

Yes, script kiddies refer to the explotation of a computer vulnerability using premade scripts from the original hackers. Not cheating in a game.

And yeah, I gave up cs a while back too... Not because it wasn't a GREAT mod, but just because I need something new. Be assured when CS2 comes out I'll be playing that along with every other mod that is good.

I spent 3 years of my life on CS and I don't plan on stopping yet... just posponing the inevitable.

I hear it everyday.... seems like half the people that play it think its real.

how do u hear this if u dont play it? what about raven shield, is that considered realistic?

Along with the well known CS gun AUG and P90. P90 will quickly push the Mp5A2 out of action, because the P90 is so cheap to manufacture and the rounds shot /second are unmatched with any gun of its size.

p90 will not replace the a2, thats simply rediculous the shape and clip type are simply to ackward for the kind of operations mp5's are used for, also im almost positive its much easier to fieldstrip a a2

maybe a modified p90 but I still highly doubt it

Originally posted by crabcakes66
The desert eagle is an american gun.

LOL your sir, are a dumbass

hes refering to the .50cal israli arms http://www.totlinc.com/kwc/ka-51hk.htm desert eagle its manufactured in isreal and is pretty much the only one used by ct's in real life

http://arms.host.sk/firearms/deserteagle.htm

a.k.a the "action express" dubbed after its clip

also desert eagles are isreal's primary millitary handguns

that statement is especially stupid since Isreal was the FIRST nation to have desert eagles in factory quantities... they werent seen in the USA until hunting gun manufacturers marketed them as self-defense and close/mid range hunting weapons

If you want something realistic... go buy Raven Shield ... UT2k3 details with lot's off guns , great map.. well , much better than shitty CS

when did this turn into a CS thread? Oh wait no it's a desert eagle thread! *explodes*

Shut up barney, you're just jealous because they gave you a cheesy 9mm glock over at Black Mesa...

Thanks for the info on the eagle, didn't know it was originally an American gun :)

i sooooooooooo want an AvP mod for HL2!!!!!!!!! AvP kicks Ass. With the matereals, you could make a BadAss Pred Cloak!! ; ) like the person out of water. Also, i wanna be able to pick up combine soldiers with the maipulator and heave them at one another :E haha, you could go through the whole game just holding one soldier and hitting others with him :LOL: :thumbs: Goodshit : D

Crab cakes, you may not like cs along with countless others who are as annoying and abusive as the 12 year old "script kiddies" that they complain about. So you don't like it? fair enough. Thousands of people do like it and enjoy it. If you think half the players are 12 then you've looked in the wrong place. Maybe the 12 year olds on publics think it's realistic but the majority of mature players in cs know it isn't and frankly if it was realistic in terms of getting shot it'd be a bit dull. And as for your complaint about you shouting someone lots and them killing you it's called recoil, you arn't hitting them in the face they've probably been playing the game 4 years, some people are ridiculously good at cs. Seriously if you hate cs then don't play it but there is no need to knock it for the thousands of us who do enjoy it, 12 years olds or otherwise.

As for your comments on lots of mods being based on it and also look at the number of "Squad based tactical shooters" on the market. They must all have been created for a reason, and they all copy cs for a reason. Maybe it's actually quite good. I'll admit the awp is over powered, kids play it a lot, some server admins are an arse and some people do cheat. But find a friendly place to play and good people to play with (not as in skill, as in personality) and cs can be a great game and the community once you get past the outer layer isn't that bad at all.

All i'm saying is leave each to his own, just because you don't like something doesn't mean noone else can like it.

Roll on CS2

Edit: just realised there are 2 more pages of comments after crabcakes which i didn't read, sorry got on a bit of a rant there. Feel free to carry on where i interupted ;-)

its not just recoil you can shoot someone in the face multiple times with certain guns with no reaction.. eh idc its a great game

I think source should be scalable, so if there is a feature which is laggy now (eg : something which gives 5-10fps) then it should be included in source, so that when video cards get better games made with source wont seem so aged (like halflife 1 does now). Probably wont happen though...

Originally posted by smilez
I think source should be scalable, so if there is a feature which is laggy now (eg : something which gives 5-10fps) then it should be included in source, so that when video cards get better games made with source wont seem so aged (like halflife 1 does now). Probably wont happen though...
It is built into ALL engines. Try going to 2048x1536 using 12xFSAA and 8xAF (Nvida, unlocked) or 6xFSAA and 16xAF (ATI) and everything maxed :D

Originally posted by MoJo|Night
Crab cakes, you may not like cs along with countless others who are as annoying and abusive as the 12 year old "script kiddies" that they complain about. So you don't like it? fair enough. Thousands of people do like it and enjoy it. If you think half the players are 12 then you've looked in the wrong place. Maybe the 12 year olds on publics think it's realistic but the majority of mature players in cs know it isn't and frankly if it was realistic in terms of getting shot it'd be a bit dull. And as for your complaint about you shouting someone lots and them killing you it's called recoil, you arn't hitting them in the face they've probably been playing the game 4 years, some people are ridiculously good at cs. Seriously if you hate cs then don't play it but there is no need to knock it for the thousands of us who do enjoy it, 12 years olds or otherwise.

As for your comments on lots of mods being based on it and also look at the number of "Squad based tactical shooters" on the market. They must all have been created for a reason, and they all copy cs for a reason. Maybe it's actually quite good. I'll admit the awp is over powered, kids play it a lot, some server admins are an arse and some people do cheat. But find a friendly place to play and good people to play with (not as in skill, as in personality) and cs can be a great game and the community once you get past the outer layer isn't that bad at all.

All i'm saying is leave each to his own, just because you don't like something doesn't mean noone else can like it.

Roll on CS2

Edit: just realised there are 2 more pages of comments after crabcakes which i didn't read, sorry got on a bit of a rant there. Feel free to carry on where i interupted ;-)

I understand your point. I guess im just as bad sometimes.

@alb1221

Do some more research before you call people names.

Originally posted by crabcakes66
@alb1221

Do some more research before you call people names.

alb was complettely justified in his statement. you were implying that there is no such thing as the Israeli Desert Eagle when you said it was an american gun........ which as he pointed out was not true since there is an Israeli Desert Eagle........... so its probably you that should do more research.

Kam

Back