The ULTIMATE windows skin program

dream431ca

Reaction score
I found this program called stylexp. I couldn't find a link for it because I forgot where it was but do a search on google and get it. It has some awesome skins...it even has a skin to turn your PC into a MAC! :p It's so cool. Download it and check it out!!

I used to use that
But it uberly raped my ram
So i stopped using it

I have to agree
Ikerous' words are so true
styleXP steals ram

i ahd styleXP and it stopped working afterawhile and buggered off somewhere. So i had these themes i had to delete manually sitting around, i dont like it. if anyone knows of a free alternative, i'd like to hear about it.

use a hacked uxtheme instead, will allow you use the same skins without having a program to do it, so thus, not the extra RAM usage. Just google it, I havent looked for one in awhile.
Plus, who wants to pay for stylexp after the trial period, or ....hack it.... just the uxtheme patcher is the way to go

Mithrandir2 said:
windows blinds :beer
windows blinds is even more of a system hog than style xp, it adds much more versatility but it just makes everything run so slow, i feel windows was designed just fine, I just want it to look diffrent.

i use to use stylexp but it was making my comp run like shit, and it stopped working

so now im looking for a new skin program

dream431ca said:
it even has a skin to turn your PC into a MAC!

Why? Why?! Why for heaven's sake!!?!? Would I want to turn my PC into a Mac?

Druckles said:
Why? Why?! Why for heaven's sake!!?!? Would I want to turn my PC into a Mac?
If that comment wasn't a sardonic one, and we're talking about looks here...

You have to admit, the Macs looks insanely gorgeous.

I tried stylexp and didn't like it. I currently use windowblinds and Litestep.

Windowblinds only using 900KB of memory for me.

ship said:
If that comment wasn't a sardonic one, and we're talking about looks here...

You have to admit, the Macs looks insanely gorgeous.
I have to agree.Os X is really beautiful...Only wish apple would make os x for the pc. :(

Neutrino said:
I tried stylexp and didn't like it. I currently use windowblinds and Litestep.
I replied to your post in the screenshots thread; I use Litestep just like you. I love it so much. Why would you want anything else? :)
Tr0n said:
I have to agree.Os X is really beautiful...Only wish apple would make os x for the pc. :(
Well if you only want it for the looks, there are ways to make it look almost exactly the same. I've seen some screenshots, skins, etc. and some of them are just, "wow!" they look so similar.

Yeah, it looks good - but just imagine... its a mac :eek:

(I am joking BTW :p)

Tr0n said:
If I remember correctly...ain't that the one that bearly takes up any ram?

nop, styleXP is the one.

Aston, takes half the size of ram the styleXP use

Is there a way to convert WB skins to uvtheme.dll themes?

Back