the way is shut...

T

the_final_straw

***fixed- the antlions needed blocking***

Hi! I finally got it to work for more than 5 minutes. Now theres another snag, but purely a game one.

In Urban flight, where the fortifications are, the gates dont open, so i can't continue. I got through the first one by noclipping over, and the gate opened by its-self, but it doesn't do that for the next gate, after the antlion attack. Im stuck there. Any ideas? I've tried no clipping over, but thats dosen't work.

Actually, i did use god mode for killing the antlion... i was bored of dying, could that cause the problem, i turned it right off after id killed it. Alyx gets as far as the mounted turret, but nothing appears from the sky, no scary music of doom, no CPs.

But I didn't have god mode on the first time... so that can't be it.

Is there anyway to force the gate open, or to get alyx past the gate so i can continue?

Actually, would it matter if i didn't cover the antlion holes with the cars?

brownie points if you recognize the quote

Please specify the area as there are more than one fortified road during ep1.

The antlion is easy to kill , how did you manage to die more than once? Did you have low health or something?

Avoid using noclip as it will cause problems as it doesn't allow certain scripts to run. For example the game waits for you to block to Antlion holes before opening the gate, Noclipping past the gate will confuse the game as it's still waiting for you to block the holes. I don't see why you would need God mode, the Antlions are really weak and easy to kill. But It's your game and if you want to lessen the experience by cheating then go ahead.

If you are referring to the part I am certain you are (I didn't watch video) just go to the car and use the Gravity Gun and block the Antlion hole then run back to where the tank was rammed and Gravity Gun a red barrel and fire it at the Antlion Guard, then Gravity Gun the other barrel and hit him again and he should die. To avoid getting rammed by the Antlion Guard as much as possible, mkae sure you take not of when it starts to charge and sprint across ways from him then return on your path behind him.

Indeed you have to block the holes with the cars.

And avoid noclipping because it ruins scripts.

ha ha! fixed. i know i shouldn't use god mode, but heh, im still going to re-store my computer to pre-half-life episode state, for housecleaning, and i wanted to at least try it...

i haven't used it since.

Back