The Year of the Gamer!.

Swift

Reaction score
This year will be one to remember. For years now, since probably 2001, I have been forced into playing only 3 or 4 games worthy of my time. There just hasnt been many really good games for a long while.

This year it has all changed, especially in the 4th quarter. With games like Halo 2, GTA-San Andreas, The Sims 2 and Doom 3 already on the shelves and games like GT4, MGS3, WoW and MOST importantly Half-Life 2 on the way, its seemingly a gamers paradise.

Any more games I should add to that list? these are just my most preferred games (except Doom3, but lots of people loved it so...).

Need For Speed Underground 2, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. :)

As said before Rome Total War, and discard the rest except D3 and HL2.

Yeah, second half of 2004 is amazing for releases. Even I, a person who gets little games, got two that I REALLY REALLY anticipated.

There's been a game out for EVERY kind of gamer.
Don't forget FarCry. I think honestly, that game heralded in the year of the Gamer. It's a damned good game when it all gets down to it, even with the various developer fiascos.
It started with FarCry and it'll probably end with Half Life 2, as far as shooters go.

RPGs? I haven't seen many good ones this year.
Strategy? Rome all the way.
Simulation? Duh. Sims 2.

Everyone is happy this year.

Far Cry is the best FPS released so far this year, and I'd have to go so far as to say best FPS released in years. But that will change on Tuesday.
By the way, Simulation goes to Flight Simulator 2004. Sims 2? Not a sim. Don't let the name fool you.

ppl keep sayin WoW, is this World of Warcraft? i check retail dates it says 2005 ?!

Warhammer 40K, Dawn of War.

While it doesn't hold a candle to R:TW, in my opinion, the graphics in that game probably set a new high mark for the RTS Market.

Also, EQ2. Another graphical high mark though it too does not hold a candle to its main rival, WoW. (opinion of course)

Thanks.

I work at compucentre and im seeing all these good games that i dont have money for and its driving me nuts.

such as
Prince of persia 2
WoW
Need for Speed underground 2
mgs 3
metroid
call of duty united offensive
dawn of war
final fantasy chains of promethia
half life 2
doom 3
halo 2
rome total war
sims 2
evil genious
katamari
mortal kombat
dead of alive
fable
call of duty finest hour
golden eye rouge agent
knights of the old republic return of the sith or somthing like that
star wars galaxie jump to light speed
kill zone
ever quest 2
full spectrum warrior
far cry
unreal 2k4
nhl 2005
espn nhl 2k5
madden 2005
nfl 2k5

those are just the ones on the top of my head. im sure there is more just cant think of em but any ways all thosegames i know are good.

Doom 3 wasn't worth the hype. Its the horror movie that gets old really fast of the FPS genre. I've had it since a day or so after its release, and haven't bothered even coming close to beating it.

I finished Doom 3 a couple of days after getting it. I loved it :D and I am waiting patiently for the expansion pack :p

I swear, there must be an option that people turn on that makes all other forums invisible except for HL2 General Discussion.

Hopefully the good RPG that'll be coming out will be KOTOR 2

wait for stalker, el matador, phase:exodus, fear and maybe mafia 2 they should be great games too

Back