TheNerdNews: Ohio woman gives birth to six babies in one minute

thenerdguy

Reaction score
ennifer Hanselman, 29, of Cuyahoga Falls, gave birth to the three girls and three boys within one minute at Akron General Medical Center.
"The speed at which the babies came out was overwhelming. It was like a popcorn popper," the baby's grinning father, Keith Hanselman, told reporters.
The babies, delivered by Caesarean section, were listed in critical condition, which is standard for premature births. They ranged in weight from 1 pound, 9 ounces to 2 pounds, 10 ounces, which is average for multiple births at 28 and-a-half weeks, said Dr. Anand Kantak, director of neonatology at Akron Children's Hospital.
The babies were transferred to the neonatal intensive care unit at the children's hospital, where they were expected to stay for about nine weeks. All will be on respirators because of the immaturity of their lungs, Kantak said.
"We are very optimistic about their survival without major handicaps," he said.

Link

i was actually in that hospital when it happened! dead serious!! everybody was all cheering and a congratulations was announced over the PA

So, the six babies where alright ?

hey! blackadder!, nice to see you :)

wow. imagine how much giving birth hurts... then times it by six.... probally the worst minute of her life. hmmm.... im glad im a boy!!!!

thenerdguy said:
ennifer Hanselman, 29, of Cuyahoga Falls, gave birth to the three girls and three boys within one minute at Akron General Medical Center.
"The speed at which the babies came out was overwhelming. It was like a popcorn popper," the baby's grinning father, Keith Hanselman, told reporters.
The babies, delivered by Caesarean section, were listed in critical condition, which is standard for premature births. They ranged in weight from 1 pound, 9 ounces to 2 pounds, 10 ounces, which is average for multiple births at 28 and-a-half weeks, said Dr. Anand Kantak, director of neonatology at Akron Children's Hospital.
The babies were transferred to the neonatal intensive care unit at the children's hospital, where they were expected to stay for about nine weeks. All will be on respirators because of the immaturity of their lungs, Kantak said.
"We are very optimistic about their survival without major handicaps," he said.

Link
I live really really close to cuyahoga falls!!!!!

I feel sorry for the parents. 6 babies is just way too many.

I would also like to say... BLEH!! I can picture them in my head just plopping out!!

"The babies, delivered by Caesarean section"

So not technically "popping out", I imagine if they'd come out that quick the err conventional way, it could have been pretty disturbing. Kinda like that scene near the end of Aliens :E

Seeing that would, well I think that'd scare the hell out of me and mess me up for a very long time! :eek:

GSW said:
Seeing that would, well I think that'd scare the hell out of me and mess me up for a very long time! :eek:

Feh, and you call yourself a forumite. If goatse were here he'd show ye whut fer :D

R.I.P

Back