There are very good reasons why we’re not talking about Episode 3!

Bar.Calhoun

Reaction score
Maybe they are almost finished with the game!

HL2 Episode Three info?

"I want to make sure that I don’t sound like I’m dismissing user’s issues, right? I get a ton of email everyday saying why aren’t you talking about Episode 3? And there are very good reasons why we’re not talking about Episode 3, which I can’t talk about yet, but I will. So, I think there’s frustration there and I’m not."

Can someone explain what he is talking about?

Do you think we’ll find out new details about Episode 3 by the end of the year?

"Just so you know, the thing to me, that feels right, is the rhythm that Robin and his team are operating with. It’s like watching the reaction of that community, watching their ability to respond, looking at the quality of the work they’re getting with the length of those development cycles. They’re having a great time. And I think it shows on the other side, right? I mean, they were just giggling so hard when they were changing the buttons in the movies to say “leak video.” Do you remember the big screen with all the buttons? And they were like we have to put “leaks video” into that thing before we release it. They were just like cackling away. What should have been like, pretty demoralizing and stressful was for them, “Oh, this is no big deal.” So, yeah, people get the idea."

Yeah this interview is on the front page. We already have 3 pages of discussion about it?

they simply dont want L4D2's 'thunder' taken away by ep3, thats all.

which it almost certainly would.

There are very good reasons why we’re not talking about Episode 3!

it is canceled.

They want to see how long it takes before it's leaked :p

They have a milestone to set!

I have read it, wonder why Gabe avoids the last question?

I don't think he knows. During the interview he thought he was talking about EP3 as well as L4D2 until Doug set him straight, so i think that only Doug knows when we will get info. It's either that or they aren't sure if they will have any info ready by the end of the year and if he tells the fans that we might get info and we don't he'll get spammed with even more angry e-mails.

they simply dont want L4D2's 'thunder' taken away by ep3, thats all.

which it almost certainly would.

This is 85% of the most likely reason for the "purposeful" delay of EP3 info. Its a no-brainer that even if Valve released an obscure piece of digital art and said it was EP3 related like they have before, you know that would be what 90% of all HL communities would be talking about rather than an actual trailer and gameplay footage they have released for L4D2. i suppose its only fair since they are trying to get people interested in L4D2. I'm sure within a couple of months after L4D2's release valve will start talking about EP3...

lets just hope they don't come up with other projects to interfere with EP3, like a secret TF3, or L4D3, or hell even portal 2 i would consider in interfering because I WANT EP3 damnit!

^Quite possible. We also don't need a repeat of the EP2 trailer; I'd prefer something that shows accurate content.

It's so funny, he comes out of nothing and reminds Gabe of NOT talking about EP3, I know he wants!

Maybe it would spoil to much of the story or they are developing a full game so they can ask 60 bucks for it and that also explains the long wait. If that isn't the case why do so mysterious about it. On the other hand you can say they must show something because it still is a commercial product and not some Christmas surprise. To boost the sales they must start the hype sooner or later.

I was thinking on the following though. Valve would be funny and brave if they show nothing of ep3 for the next year and let it release without showing anything or giving any info. They let many people preorder it with some mayor pre-order discount. The game starts were ep2 ended of course. You get in the heli but after 2 min. Gordon crashes and dies. The credits will pop-up and the story ends there.

The first rule of Episode 3 is you do not talk about Episode 3. The second rule of Episode 3 is you DO NOT talk about Episode 3!

valve has been bought out by bungie and it is ep3 is canceled to make room for halo 4. kidding

BREAKING NEWS OF EPISODE 3!

In episode 3 the barriers between all the continuities will be done away with and Captain Juan-Luc Picard will mate with Gordon Freeman through the Pnuematic Ultra-Condom Sperm/Egg Converter that slipped through the portal from the Steampunk universe inside of Klieners right knee. Thereupon the G-Man will raise his Klingon underlings from their graves and zip off to Endor in their Tardis's to pillage what is left of the Ewok/Nightelf concentration camps left over from the Secession Wars of the Inner Sphere. The Big Daddies will get confused by this unexpected arrival and open the gateway to Hell to get the ammo for their shuriken-and-lightning guns. Princess Mononoke will land in the Millenium Falcon just in time for the debut of the Mythbusters Adrian Shepard living debunking, and she will steal the waters of the fountain of eternal youth from the claws of Skeletor. Captain Vimes of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch will arrive on the scene to arrest her and jail her next to Superboy-Prime in the heart of a Red Supergiant, but along the way will get waylaid by the Andross Armada but will be saved by the Rebel Alliance, but before the flagship is destroyed it will activate the Improbability Drive and Nicol Bolas will make everyone discard their hands. The Knights Templar will intercept the G-Man and his army of undead Klingons just before they release Jar Jar from his prison within the hidden depths of Endor, and a massive battle will break out between the shining knight and the xeno. The son of Gordon and Juan-Luc will then activate his hidden psycher transmitter and call down a deep-strike squad of Grey-Knight Terminators, and then shit starts getting real. The Blues Brothers drop out of hyperspace in atmo over the battle with Indiana Jones clinging to the top of their car with his whip aflame in the air above them. He performs the forbidden Dance of Summoning, and out of the ground climbs Zues and Odin, who were previously enwrapped in each other arms. An odd moment for them, they immediately turn into a swan and a horrible sea monster, respectively. Homer watches all of this and carefully makes notes on the back of a napkin from the cafe at the streetcorner all the while burning copies of The Da Vinci Code through the sheer grinding friction between his buttcheeks. Finally, there will be a three hour long cutscene of Gordon speaking.

The first rule of Episode 3 is you do not talk about Episode 3. The second rule of Episode 3 is you DO NOT talk about Episode 3!

LOL. Best EP3 related comment ever :)

fightclub122874c.jpg

I hope it doesn't release, just to see how many newbies come out of the woodwork with even more hilariously retarded posts.

This in no way means I'm referring to anyone here as retarded, but it is highly possible.

MFL's post must be preserved for all time. It is the most glorious idea I have ever read.

Back