There is nobody Looking out for us

Reaction score
Hi, you might remember me from these boards, The reason i stopped comming was because i developed some kind of Life. everything happened to be going great after i met her. well life has its way of letting you know whos in charge when you find out the love of your life has died. I still can't believe it happened, but if i check it did and i can't change that, i'll miss you brooke. one day i'll die too. too bad there is no place we go on from there, If there is a god why would he let us exist just so we could **** up, die, live in doubt and drive us to the edge of suicide, wtf is that "it was her time to go bullshit!!" well i don't think i want to meet any other girl for now. i don't like to see the people that i love die senselessly from now on i will stay here while i rot and decay.

i'll miss you brooke.

"It was her time to go" is just what people say when they don't know what to say, and it's about the dumbest thing anyone CAN say.

I have a lot of faith in God, but people also have free will and accidents do happen. It's not like God is watching from above saying "Oh it's your turn to die". And I don't think Brooke dying is part of His master "plan". People pass on for all kinds of reasons, and it sucks.

I'm sorry about the "it was her time to go" junk. I don't believe that and people shouldn't go spouting off their mouths like that.

Anyway, my condolences. I know it's rough to lose someone you love...

some say our place isn't the earth, and that our lives is nothing but a test for whatever comes beyond death. be strong my friend, dont be so quick judjing other peoples faith (i don't believe in anything im saying, but more lore doesnt hurt).

my simpathy goes to you m8, cheers

EDIT-> lets see how fast this thread goes down (at least i got to say my words)

ouch man...

I don't really know what to say, but please don't just let your life stagnate from this, I doubt that is what she would have wanted you do to. Mourn, and get back to life.

Unfortunately, I don't have any words of wisdom, but I'm pretty sure somebody else on the forum might

As the new king of the meaningless threads (you'll prbably read them soon enough) i offer my greatest sympathy's and would just like to say that im sure she will forever be with you.

Sorry man really i am :(

EDIT: oh as i am techniacally a councillor then you ever want to talk i duno send me a message.

hasn't got anything to do with HL2 *moved*

post in the right place, cheers.

Well I don't know you, but I have also lost loved ones in my life, so here is my advice to you. Try not to feel sorry for yourself. If it weren't her time to die, she wouldn't have. Regardless of whether or not God exists, if you let yourself believe Brooke died meaninglessly, then your life will become meaningless. Believing in something will bring you comfort and maybe even a new mentality on death-- perhaps it is not the end for you and Brooke, but only a trial that will bring you closer together in time. Even though I don't know you, I will believe that in the hope that it can ease your conscience. And like A2597 said, remember that she would want you to be happy, so don't let her down. I hope that helps.

I don't get the logic of after life, i mean say i die and we go to this place called heaven.. wtf would we do there besides float around for eternity.. it doesn't add up...
i don't know where to go from here

I'm really sorry Brooke passed away, Ray. There isn't too many words I can offer other than I feel pain for you. I know what it's like to lose someone you love dearly...even when it's their own doing. If you ever want to talk to me, PM me.

ValVed RaY said:
I don't get the logic of after life, i mean say i die and we go to this place called heaven.. wtf would we do there besides float around for eternity.. it doesn't add up...
i don't know where to go from here
maybe we can play hl2, since such feature seems impossible on earth

Who would come to a halflife board to anounce his girlfreinds death? Assuming this isn't a load of bullshit.

Aww Im really sorry Ray. :(

Were all here for you however. Rest assured of this. Feel free to hug me at any time
:)

why the hell would he post if it wasent true manny.

anyway, sorry ray, life does suck.

Im feel for you ray, One day the pain will go away.

and to manny_c44 f*** off

Corupter said:
don't turn this into a flame war guys. manny, everyone hass their own way of dealing with grief. that said, you have to know what sorts of responses you'll get from a gaming forum..

anyway, there's really nothing to say valved ray, except that don't worry about 'finding' a new path or anything, just live. you're life will continue, and any "path" you find will happen on it's own. if you're close with her family, try to be with them, and remember her life with them. in the end, there are no answers, people die. time will lend some perspective, if not comfort.

Sounds like the family is taking it about the best they could from the article.

hey Valved, I remember you. Man, I'm really sorry to hear this, I feel for you, I honestly do. There isn't much I can offer you, unless you want to talk about it or something. I've lost someone I loved too, and although everyone's pain is different, sometimes it can help to talk. I'm always here if you'd like to, and again, I'm really sorry.

Awww...you didn't tell us she was an adorable horse rider, Ray!
Nor that she sported way awesome Confederate caps!

I'm really sorry for your, and her family's, loss.

*stabs manny_c44*

aww man thats realy f*cked up, my condolences. :(

but im going to play devils advocate here and also ask why post it on an internet forum for Hl2?

just curious, dont need to respond or anything.

manny_c44 said:
Who would come to a halflife board to anounce his girlfreinds death? Assuming this isn't a load of bullshit.

hey wtf man show some respect!..i dont think a veteran member like Ray would **** around like that! im really sorry for her R.I.P..i hope you can get over it..i know its hard but eventually u will learn to deal with the sorrow..

Dougy said:
but im going to play devils advocate here and also ask why post it on an internet forum for Hl2?

Because the anonymity of the internet makes it easier to pour your heart out?

Damn, I thought this topic was about Bill O'Reilly.

Sorry to hear that, dude. Just hang in there, time heals all wounds.

im only a teenager, so i guess i wouldnt know much about life and death. My little brother died from a fatal desiese when he was a few months old- but i was only about 3 or 4 then and i dont remember anything. It was such a long time ago i hardly ever remember i had a brother- if someone was to ask me about brothers i usually forget all about it.

I mainly dont think about it but when i do, it makes me really sad as im an only child and i would have really loved a brother to talk to and have fun with. I get annoyed when people say that they "hate their brother" and stuff, i nkow they can get annoying but when your sitting alone with only your PC for company on a friday night, talking on HL2 .net- i kindof wish i had someone to actually use my second Gamecube pad with :(

I guess what im trying to say is that its pointless trying to look at what you could be doing, or what may have happened if there hadnt of been a car crash, or a fatal desiese... the best thing to do is look forward at what you want to happen, not what could have happened.

And about life after death, im just gonna not think about that. ill meet it head on when i die. thinking about it scares me- as i find it hard to imagine one place where everyone (or just the good people) go to enjoy life- especially as many people regard heaven to be a paradise. TBH, what i hope is that when we die, we are re-incarnated as someone else, regardless of how "good youve been" or whether you "deserve something". and who knows, there may be a planet somewhere that is your version of paridise, and your family may be waiting for you there.

All my life i have played computer games. My idea of paridise would probally be some sort of fantasy world, where dreams come true and continents lie undiscovered- along with whole civilisations... i guess that why i like ainchient japan so much, because they made up loads of myths and stories about heroes and dragons. They didnt know what was beyond the sea- they thought the world was flat! i mean, compare those times to now... life is so much more boring. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Whell, i guess ill end on a quote from Metal Gear Solid, just because its such a damn good game and the ending made me cry when i was about 10. aaaahhhh.....

Naomi :
"Don't worry. I'm going to choose life too. Until today, I've always looked for a reason to live. But from here on, I'm going to just live.
Genes exist to pass down our hopes and dreams for the future through our children. Living is a link to the future. That's how all life works. Loving each other, teaching each other... that's how we can change the world. I finally realized it. The true meaning of life... Thank you, Snake."

"Humans can choose the type of life they want to live. The important thing is that you choose life... And then... live!"

oh god this all sounds so corny... :/ it also makes me feel like a complete geek. Oh wait, i am... so thats ok then.

I don't have much to say to you besides the fact that I hope you will be able to make it through this, but I can say that some good came out of this, I took a moment to wonder how I would feel if this happend to me...And in recognition of your loss, I'll try to express my love for mine better. I hope you are able to make it though this, although no doubt it will have ramifications for the rest of your life, stay stong and live life to it's fullest for you and her. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to lose your livleyhood.

answers don't come from without but from within. be strong brother and heal. we're all here for you.

Valved_Ray mate, my deepest sympathys to you in this time.

I am very very sorry to hear that this has happened.

I hope you pull through.

Well.. you have to think. Where can you go from here. Many people who have lost those whom they loved dedicate their life to make the problem better, in your case stop drunken driving or whatever caused the accident.
But dont worry about it everything heals in time. This should help you realise how precious life actually is, so you can live it to the fullest.

Back