There is only one Game That Will overtop HL2 Graphicaly ...

G

I certainly like the look of HL2- I think you'd have to be pretty insane not to be excited for Valve's next biggie. I do stand by my prediction though. DNF willl give you things that you've never seen before in a game (even from HL2 I am sure). I can't give you specifics of course, but I can say that the level of detail that we are going into with some of this stuff is just crazy. George knows what the fans want and he plans to deliver.
Hayden3DR

Link

/me run and Hide !

... honestly.

duke is lame. and i will take a fragmaster aproach to this and say that i 100% gurantee it will not.

Hahahahhahahahahahahha.

It's a shame that it barely exists.

wait a minute that hayden is a dev? and hes actually talking about working on dnf? you gotta be shittin me! and i thought it was vaporware!

DukeNukem Forever will be the best game ever, just as its predecessors were....

Except, by the time it's out, it'll be like a Donkey Kong country released in an era of HL2 style graphics. ;)

Actually, being the first game to take full advantage of Direct X 14 Graphics cards I'm sure that Duke Nukem Forever will look better than Half-Life 2.

Just like HL2 barely existed 3 months ago? Don't be so quick to talk. :)

Just because it has been in development for the past decade doesn't mean that its going to be good, or that it will be released anytime soon.

I think 3D Realms secretly announced the release date...

It's in the title

Forever. ;)

honestly theres just a time when things start to become obsolete in a game thats been worked on for as long as this on has- its gonna suck major- the task of keeping together a solid game with solid graphics over this long a time is a greater task than actually making it.

sorry to say but DNF will come :) they never stopped developping it.
And it will be surely the craziest game ever :D

yes and i love how everyone knows it will be the greatest game ever from the 0 pics and 0 videos we have of it.......... yes it surely will be amazing , hey guys ive been making a game for the past 10 years with... hmm a team of 100 guys and we have the best graphics out there, thats exactly the info that 3dr has provided us with.

There is only one Game That Will overtop HL2 Graphicaly ...
Only one? So they'll stop making games after HL2 is released then? That's a shame. I was kinda hoping there'd be games coming out over the next few years that look even better.

Any day now I'll open a magazine and read:

'3DRealms wants to make you it's biatch!'

DNF is a good example of a game that has been hyped WAYYY too much. It won't be that great.

Originally posted by Feath
Actually, being the first game to take full advantage of Direct X 14 Graphics cards I'm sure that Duke Nukem Forever will look better than Half-Life 2.

read no further folks...except i bet it'll be directx 2349082374

Originally posted by Irs2k3
Logic, we need some mature replies here !
Ok, I'll give you a mature reply then :)

Duke Nukem Forever, if it is ever released, will most likely look better than Half-Life 2. The reason I say that, is that it doesn't look like the game will come out any time soon, so when it is released, it will most likely be taking advantage of hardware that is currently unavailable, hence making it potentially look better than HL2. HL2 may look better than most other games now, but as time goes on, new games will come out that take advantage of new hardware, and eventually, HL2 will look as dated as HL1 looks to us now.

Of course games are going to look better than HL2. Whether or not they come out in time to be in direct competition with HL2 is another issue all together.

Logic,

>>Ok, I'll give you a mature reply then

Duke Nukem Forever, if it is ever released, will most likely look better than Half-Life 2. The reason I say that, is that it doesn't look like the game will come out any time soon, so when it is released, it will most likely be taking advantage of hardware that is currently unavailable, hence making it potentially look better than HL2. HL2 may look better than most other games now, but as time goes on, new games will come out that take advantage of new hardware, and eventually, HL2 will look as dated as HL1 looks to us now.

Of course games are going to look better than HL2. Whether or not they come out in time to be in direct competition with HL2 is another issue all togeth

LOL ! DNF engine is Done.

I'll just say one thing. If they'd release the same game they showed in the E3 2001 video, I'd buy and play it. Definately. It looked like some bad-ass fun!

from the video i saw of it way back in the beginning of 2001, i can pretty much say dnf either a) will not come out within the next 2 years if it intends to look better than hl2 or b) comes out next year and doesnt look as good- essentially considering the graphics of the video cant even touch hl2 or d3, they would have to create a whole new game engine if they plan on competing- a game engine thats any good takes time to make and i cant see how they would have time from 2001 to make a whole new engine and release any time soon. Second if they plan on just building on the existing technology which will get the game out a little sooner- there is nothing they can do with the existing engine to make it look better than any of the current gen games. 3dr fudged the game up real bad and i particularly have very little interest in it. Hl2 has had a focused developement from the start and a lot more work has gone into the source engine than dnf's engine will ever be if it comes out within a year or two.

OLD DNF VIDEO HERE

Originally posted by Irs2k3
LOL ! DNF engine is Done.
Bah, I'm sure they'll have re-written it a few times by the time they release it in 2009 :cheese:

It's a shame that DNF has become a somewhat of a laughing stock in the gaming industry. Judging by the video that is a couple of years old, the game looks like some serious fun to play.

DNF will be like shadowbane was, vaporware, and when it is released it's mediocre compared to current games

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
By my estimates it will come out around 2013.
That's too tight. 10 to 1 that there's going to be a delay...

Hey guys, I'm pretty optimistic that DNF could be a pretty good game and look awesome when it comes out. I mean, we're all in a message board for a game that kept all their advancements quiet for over 4 years.

What's to say that 3DRealms hasn't gone out and licensed an engine? For all we know, they could have been tweaking Source for the past 2 years and implementing all those features that Valve decided not to use (the "not a technical limitation, but a design decision" stuff). There's a lot that can happen in the time since we've gotten news of the game!

Obviously, this is just speculation, but I have faith that there are enough good guys who have been working on that game for so long and wouldn't let it be less than great. I guess only time will tell, but I'm guessing the next we hear an official word, it'll be a Valvian (woohoo, I made a new word) announcement that the game is nearly done and will be out 6 months later or so.

DNF engine is based on Unreal Tech.

George Broussard has recently said that the entire rendering engine was rewritten. Who knows what else... can't really say this reliably anymore. Hell, the game could be made out of lollipops for all we know.

Originally posted by nostgard
Hell, the game could be made out of lollipops for all we know.

Now that, i'd like to see.

Originally posted by SLH
Now that, i'd like to see.
Mmmm yummy. Lollipops. And then not the kind Fraggy likes, but those sugar ones that rot your teeth and have chewing gum in the center...

even if DNF did come out now today, it probably wouldnt be bad, but its not going to be mind blowing considering the source material.... I mean I loved duke, was a big fan,... like when I was 14 lol, I have grown up during the developement cycle of DNF and personally I dont find any of the original ideas to be of entertaining value. I remember laughing at the fart and piss jokes, and "crapping down alien's throats" now it almost seems cliched.
I have nothing against DNF, just aint my style anymore. hope the kids of the next generation enjoy it, well at least the kids look forward to it.

....its like the mortal kombat of the fps genre. Does anybody really want to see a sequel?

Originally posted by -Yo-
sorry to say but DNF will come :) they never stopped developping it.
And it will be surely the craziest game ever :D

Did you play it or why you know that is the "craziest game ever"?

The E3 trailer is cool, but since i saw it...we never get more stuff to see...

Back