They Hunger : Lost Souls ... dead?

wilka91

Reaction score
Where is Neil Manke's They Hunger : Lost Souls?
It was supposed to come out in 2006, and in 2007 PHL interviewd the BlackWidowGames team, and it looked like the game was about to hit the market.

It's 2008.

Is it dead?

Isn't it supposed to be released around the same time as L4D?

Like the Black Mesa mod team, they are taking their time to make a great gaming experience. There are comparison picutures on the official site of the work they have created and it has started to shape up.

Wow I forgot about this. The original was definitely one of the best hl mods, I hope this will be the same.

Still nothing on this. Kind of lost interest now. It's taking to long. The Source engine will look like Wolfenstien 3D compared to other FPS's by the time this emerges!

It's not dead, they're still working on it, along with Episode Zero (a remake of some levels from They Hunger, and it'll be free).

I heard about the free episode, it sounds an awesome way to advertise the main chapters, as long as there is different gameplay in the chapters after

Who remembers the lyrics to the song in the final episode in They Hunger?

"You are what I eat, so much flesh, so much meat!"

That's about all I can remember.

I smell you around the corner
Ripe and ready for eating
In the gutter you will soon be bleeding
I am your only mourner

<chorus>
You are what I eat
So much flesh
So much meat
With my hands
Your skull I will beat

Leave your carcass in the street
</chorus>

My arms are a ?
They rip your limbs from your body
Relish the pain in which you writhe
For you have fed something rotting

(chorus)

Disembowel you with a Knife
A smogasbord of organs
Against the wall
And no-one here cares about your plight
We just ate your family at the mall

(chorus)

I really hope Lost Souls isn't dead. The first one was such a great mod.

Like the Black Mesa mod team, they are taking their time to make a great gaming experience. There are comparison picutures on the official site of the work they have created and it has started to shape up.

Thing is with BMS, Half Life was already a great gaming experience. Its not like they are reinventing the wheel, unless that is there intent.

I am worried BMS won't be out until HL3 is in the bargain bin.

Back