Thief 3 Release Date

June 11th? Didn't the game go gold like two weeks ago? I thought it would already be out

kewl!!!! i hear theres a demo around the corner too

Suicide42 said:
kewl!!!! i hear theres a demo around the corner too

AFAIK I don't think there will be a demo anytime soon.

Yeah it was announced that the game had gone gold a few weeks ago. The current release date for the US is 26th of May and for Europe it's the one the digsy posted above.

Personally though I'm going to import it. I can't wait to play it. It'll cost me round about the same as buying it in the shops(£30-35) but I get it much earlier.

Please don't be Invisible War. Please don't be Invisible War. Please don't be Invisible War.

Haha...

And they prolly won't release a demo because it was so bad for Invisible War... :hmph:

If it's as good as Invisible War I will be very pleased. That was a great game, I don't care what anybody says.

i think ill get it when i comes out...first game im going to buy since ut2k3.

and scott the reason a lot of people didnt like it was because it was so far from the original gameplay. im sure it was a good game but i didnt like the feel.

Yeah, it was a lot different from the original, but I loved them both. It's hard to say which one was better, IW certainly had better gameplay, but the original had a lot more choices and was longer (plus it was totally new at the time). The major flaws with IW was that the engine ran incredibly poor and that at the end of the game, no matter what decisions you made, you could pretty much go with any side. They've supposedly fixed the engine with Thief 3 and the second problem won't be an issue.

Back