This is advanced A.I.?

W

whiskeychaser

I just got cs:s and am having a blast discovering all the little details brought with Source. Overall it is fantastic, except one major GLARING issue, which I hope will not plague HL2. The hostages(who seem to be about 8 feet tall, wth??) just can not seem to avoid getting stuck on just about anything. Sure its funny the first time when I blow up the table he is running into with a rifle blast. But it can really take you "out of the game" quickly.

hostages are stupid, they couldn't come out of windows in 1.6, now they can, that's as smart as they can get. it's not a standard to judge the AI of HL2.

I hope so brother, but noone's done it right yet so I shouldn't expect perfection.

Are we really ****ing complaining already? How long has CS:S been out? You are ungrateful.

whiskeychaser said:
I just got cs:s and am having a blast discovering all the little details brought with Source. Overall it is fantastic, except one major GLARING issue, which I hope will not plague HL2. The hostages(who seem to be about 8 feet tall, wth??) just can not seem to avoid getting stuck on just about anything. Sure its funny the first time when I blow up the table he is running into with a rifle blast. But it can really take you "out of the game" quickly.
I expect they'll incorporate the code from the hostages in CZ.

EDIT: Don't forget that Valve have ported the code acoss. Meaning we're using CS 1.6 hostages, not HL2 AI hostages.

On the side note, I'm complaining because everyone's disregarding the fact that we have a CS:S forum and just posting in here.

I'm the one that has to move them all ;(

Chris_D said:
On the side note, I'm complaining because everyone's disregarding the fact that we have a CS:S forum and just posting in here.

I'm the one that has to move them all ;(

hehe... yeah I see you moving threads alot lately
:imu:

the hostages have no being 'hurt' animations and stuff they just say 'ouch' and open their mouths :p

its very obvious there not finished, are u stupid? :p
They'll patch it.

As Chris_D said, this is just a port from CS1.6...

Hostage ai and enemy ai are 2 different things. They should make the hostages more like bots. Maybe even be able to throw them your handgun and they can protect you and stuff.

One of the hostages reminds me of an actor.

Also the hostages get stuck on italy - they cant get through the window :X near ct spawn

Vidrio said:
the hostages have no being 'hurt' animations and stuff they just say 'ouch' and open their mouths :p

its very obvious there not finished, are u stupid? :p
They'll patch it.

do the players now have a animation when hit?? i dont mean the blood

Are we really ****ing complaining already? How long has CS:S been out? You are ungrateful.

Err this is a finished game in which i payed (alot with U.S. tax) for, When I (or anyone else for that matter) buy a game in the street I have the right to complain, i don't owe valve to be 'grateful'. :upstare:

The hostages aren't giants either. Haven't you seen that the player models are hunched because of their way of holding the weapons? (That is actually the right way to do it) That makes the hostages seem taller.

Chris_D said:
I expect they'll incorporate the code from the hostages in CZ.

I hope this is true because that would be awesome!

The hostage AI is really bad. I don't think I've ever seen one round where all four of the hostages were rescued without problems. Hopefully it will be fixed soon though.

LOL I've seen the hossies get trapped behind a AK lying on the floor!

That said tho, if you keep your eye on them and pick your route carefully, then the hossies arent a problem (especially if you've played a lot of cs before).

They are also not too tall- they just don't have a hunch like the player models:)

In 1.6 the hostages duck/react to shooting around them, but in CSS they are just idle idiots who just stand there.

Yup making them even better as they now perform decently as meatshields:)

this A.I. Still stands for Artificial "Idiocy" since it hasen't been patched yet... but after that.. it'll be Artificial Intelligence again :E

LOL this whole thread is starting to make a bit more sense now I look at the dates:)

they decided for some reason to either downgrade the ai that was in the hl2 things or they bsed us and promised stuff they slacked off on

itll be better if they was in a hovercraft, and followed your every move, right behind you :D

EDIT: or give them a gun so they can fight themselves..

OR have players pose as hossies in a cage then other CT's come and rescue them/ give them a gun, etc..

but i am perfectly happy with them atm :D

Back