This is horseshit

Alientank

Reaction score
I'm playing second time through on hard, I gotta say that part where you gotta take down those two huge flying things at the same time in the nightime scene is bullshit. This was fun until they made it impossible, now it's annoying. It's not even fun anymore doing this. I've tried every strategy and always eliminate the soldiers first, nothing will work. Now it's beyond annoying.

You have to excuse the fact that not everyone here is litterate. Or even has the right amount of chromosomes...

I feel for ya. But it is supposed to be more realistic. How easy would it be to take down a gunship in real life? Even with an RPG.

Keep trying, you'll get it.

cleckmoon said:
You have to excuse the fact that not everyone here is litterate. Or even has the right amount of chromosomes...

I feel for ya. But it is supposed to be more realistic. How easy would it be to take down a gunship in real life? Even with an RPG.

Keep trying, you'll get it.

In real life taking down a gunship with an RPG wouldn't be that bad I wouldn't think. 1 hit and it's down, on hard, these things take like 6 before going down.

In real life, all you'd have to do is aim for the engine(s) (even with a pistol/submachine gun) and it would go down really quick. I assume you're talking about helicopters, though.

How about this. You grab an RPG from your local russian weapons dealer, run into a heavily armed military base, and shoot down a heli. I'll watch it on the news and be entertained. ;p

There are many stories of aircraft such as the Blackhawk, Warthog, Phantom, and others, taking several SAM hits, and still limping back home. SAM's are the bigass brother of an RPG.

I had a sentance to wrap this up with, but I lost it.

Well..in Afghanastan, the Mujahadeen used our stingers to take out Russian helo's. Not to mention Mogadishu and recent fights in Iraq our helos are always getting knocked down by a RPG when they linger too long in one spot. And those stinger warheads are not as big as an RPG.

If you want to get realistic and technical... that RPG in HL2 is not really (technically speaking mind you) an RPG. I could go on but I suspect I lost many people already.

Thus endeth the sermon.

Are you complaining because the game is difficult to play through on Hard? Isn't that kind of the point?

It thought it was easy taking down those gunships on hard, doing spirals with the rocket then bringing it home.

My strat was hiding until the Antlions killed every soldier (mostly in the little office with the med and power and running out to hiff the bugbait then retreating, then chucking the bugbait far away from me to distract the gunship, then I hid in the corner by the Unlimited rocket box and pwned the gunships, lost about 20hp the entire battle.

p.s IRL arguments are null and void, you are firing a laser guided RPG that can do all manner of flips and tricks at a bioengineered futuristc gunship from another dimension. :thumbs:

if its too hard... PUT IT ON EASY!!!!!!

Thats why they have different difficulty levels ;)

GL on your Hard mission.

I respect you because you used the word horseshit in your title, and the medium setting part there is not easy, either.

lol this is a stupid thread. You're complaining that the Hard setting is.... hard?

If you look at the difficulty settings, hard does say that enemies are harder and your weapons are a bit more ineffective.

I am playing the game 2nd time on Hard, and had no trouble getting past that point. Just hide, fire rocket ( they try to kill it instead), do some spirals and hit them.

Back