This summer, eh?

Latin_Jones

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this....

So when do you guys think the expansion will actually be out? Summer 2007?

I'm just kiddin. Since they already have the engine running all they have to do is throw in some new levels and eye candy...hopefully some new vehicles and crap. But i'm not going to hold my breath and get all excited for a summer release!

Christmas imo, unless they have some form of finished playable levels at e3 to show off....im doubtful they'll reach the summer timeframe. Bring on lost coast inbetween though... :cheese:

I dont think it shall be hard to reach summer, D3 Resurection of evil took 8 month to release after the original game, even then it was done by another dev team - its about the same time period to July from when hl2 was released, which isnt bad and its bieng made by valve anyway. Hurrah.

Samon said:
and its bieng made by valve anyway. Hurrah.
See now, that's not really a pro argument for keeping release dates now a days.

Well.. they were so much rumors about HL2 release. Remember that they've completed it about 1 month before the release in November. They had time to start thinking and probably making "Aftermath". So in summer? I hope so... Notice also that they didn't say "When it's done". :rolleyes:

I hope it's not summer. Even if they started work on the expansion immediately after finishing HL2, it's still somewhat too early, not enough time to make a game that is reasonably long and quality. Remember that a game actually is finished about a month before it ships, if not more, so even for an August release, they have to finish it in July. I'd rather wait until Christmas holidays and have a quality polished game.

I know what you mean. It just feels too soon. Especially since HL2 just felt so short! :(

Just remember, even when HL2 was released, the expansion was already being worked on. This leads me to believe that when they say summer, they mean summer. It's not like they started last month and they are guessing summer..

Like the article about the expansion said, they are quite familiar with all the tools in Source and are very competent at using them. They don't have to deal with all the stuff that delayed HL2 in the first place. They are probably well on the way towards finishing it during summer, imo. Oh yeah, they also don't need to worry about distribution since they may not even sell it in stores.. (why should they) When they are done, they can release it via Steam the same day if they choose.

yeah I agree, from what I heard work on this addon started even before Half life 2 was finished

Its very possible its coming out This Summer

But I still want my DOD:Source too :(

I have a feeling that everything that happened in the terrible mess that is the Half-Life 2 release will happen again for the expansion. There will be stolen code, accidental leaking of the script, and guessing of stupid passwords that will contribute to the delaying of this game.

If Half-Life 2 taught me anything, it taught me to be as cynical as f*cking possible when it comes to release dates.

wlodi said:
Well.. they were so much rumors about HL2 release. Remember that they've completed it about 1 month before the release in November. They had time to start thinking and probably making "Aftermath". So in summer? I hope so... Notice also that they didn't say "When it's done". :rolleyes:

that could be a sign they really will be releasing it this summer, the worst thing gabe ever done was giving a date to the community they couldn't make, the last thing gabe wants is that happening again.

there's got to be a GOOD 3 to 4 month delay..at least that much

Back