THQ Just Got Steamed

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
THQ just joined Steam with their "all-star" line-up including Relic's WWII real time strategy game Company Of Heroes, along with Titan Quest and Full Spectrum Warrior.[br]

And set to follow later : Supreme Commander, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition + Dark Crusade.[br]

So get ready for a year full of award-winning games on Steam.

Wow, I can't wait for this lineup... this might be my second purchase over Steam for a non-Valve game (Geometry Wars was so irresistible).

Samon heres your chance to get COH, it's definately worth it.

BTW, I seriously didn't see this news coming either.

The guys at Valve are doing quite well for themselves, aren't they?

That they are. COH is an excellent game, even if its genre is badly tapped out.

Very cool. Anyone know if it will be possible to manage my already installed copy of Supreme Commander on steam?

Damn it..I'd of loved to have stalker via Steam...

Hehe,i was thinking of purchasing COH this week.
Only 26.95!
Can't get a better bargain than that.
It's godsend, i tell ya.

Very good news! THQ are amazing and CoH is... incredible!

Dawn of War is superb. Damn myself for buying them all retail. This is great news. :bounce:

Woot - shall be a nice day when I get out of school, about 5 Steam Products shall be bought!

Damn, i so wish i could register the games i got retail on steam!

Wow, that's awesome. I hope I can register SupCom on Steam, for a better multiplayer platform *Do they USE the steam platform for the multiplayer server search/etc?

I don't suppose you can register your retail CD key?

What should I get Company of Heroes or S.T.A.L.K.E.R ?

and btw what genre is titan quest ?

Wow, that's awesome. I hope I can register SupCom on Steam, for a better multiplayer platform *Do they USE the steam platform for the multiplayer server search/etc?

I'm guessing they don't but we'll see.

can't wait for the influx of noobs coming on to pwn D:

(we need to play some more cyber)

That's great, I totally forgot about Full Spectrum Warrior... I'll be buying that pronto.

I might snag Dawn of War too.

Sweet. I might have to actually get round to picking up Company of Heroes now. The beta was great.

Dawn of War is still the best. Winter Assault is fun and offers up some good gameplay, but the singleplayer campaign really lacks the drive and sense of direction (and atmosphere too), that the first had. Definitely absolutely get Dark Crusade; it isn't so much an expansion is it a whole new way of playing the campaign. With two new excellent races to boot.

Dawn of War and Dark Crusade are must buys. Winter Assault if you want a little bit more, and don't mind rather lame 'choice' scenarios which makes the story feel lifeless.

Freakin awesome.

Can't wait until they start to become a major launching platform for other developers.

So I take it we'll be able to use the Steam server browser to play these games online?

DoW and CoH are both definitly worth getting. FSW is good but I some of the levels are just annoying. I never actually finished it (Which is fairly rare for me and games).

If you bought them retail or have them installed, do you think we could transfer them to Steam for online play?

If you bought them retail or have them installed, do you think we could transfer them to Steam for online play?

If you bought a game retail you can play multiplayer with those who bought through steam.

Man, that would be awesome if I didn't already own every single one of those games legally. THQ publishes the best RTS's these days, and for the most part Relic makes them.

and btw what genre is titan quest ?

Hack and slash RPG a la diablo, quite enjoyable actually and also quite detailed in it's mythology for one who loves mythology like myself.

It's ased on Greek, Egyptian and Middle-eastern mythology, mainly following the epic journey of a young greek warrior (player).

There are 10 masteries that you chuce two from, to create you character class, giving a hell of a lot of possible combinations. Well 9 in the original 10 with the expansion

Yesterday's Steam News was quite offensive.

"Those who already own HL2 and EP1, just give out your orange box copies to the first bloke you meet on the street, thank you :cheese:"

Screw off.

They'll just buy the damn games with their own money like we did, damnit :hmph:

Yesterday's Steam News was quite offensive.

"Those who already own HL2 and EP1, just give out your orange box copies to the first bloke you meet on the street, thank you :cheese:"

Screw off.

They'll just buy the damn games with their own money like we did, damnit :hmph:

Share with a friend or have them pay you a few bucks for them then...

Back