time for a new rig

predatowned

Reaction score
basically im starting up a wish list at newegg. heres what i have so far.

Thermaltake SHARK VA7000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail ****(may go with DFI)****

eVGA 256-P2-N563-AX Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4800CDBOX - Retail

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

what monitor should i go with? I want to have a CRT, just dont know whos good, or bad.

HDD- have 2 already

soundcard- already have audigy 2 plat

speakers - already have logitech z-680's

total: $1,537.98

Get the Sandiego chip. They're nice to OC.

I'm having bad experience with 1024 XMS3200 modules, I don't want to recommend at the moment.

LCD still blurry at quick turns, CRT still control game market, I don't know which, 19" is the highest b4 performance goes Poo-pa!

About the motherboard, go with the Asus. I have the same model as you and it's such a great motherboard. Stable, plugs for everything, easy BIOS, etc, etc.

About the power supply, nice pick as I have the same as well. However, it ism't a mobile PSU (mobile being you can pick and choose what cables you want, and not have 'em all coming out of the back.).

For the monitor, I have a BenQ FP91G+ which I highly reccomend. This thing is 19" and has an 8ms response time which is amasing. As with all LCD monitors, you will notice (even with a 8ms delay) some ghosting but after two days, you can't tell the difference. Plus, you'll have so much space on the desk now.

xD

thanks for the input. the PSU not being moble doesnt really bother me. I actually thought about getting one that was, but im not picky with wires. i usually just tie them down anyway, and put them up in the case. the shark case should have plenty of room. well, i dont really want to go with an lcd, so can you recommend me a nice crt?

thanks.

Viewsonic and NEC have always had great CRT monitors in the past. Im not sure what models they have out atm though.

My 17" Viewsonic can do 85 refreshrate at 1600x1200 which is really nice if you like to use Vsync to keep the frames smooth.

Back