Time for the tides to turn in these boards. EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now Im just a user of the board. Not a mod, not an admin. But I feel I have to make a statement. I'm gonna cut right to it. These boards have taken a turn for the worse. With good reason no doubt. Source code was stolen and leaked. OK! We know that. The initial shock of that happening should be long over, and gone. The beta leak is also old news. So guys. Lets get back to new posts. Some good new topics to talk about and get excited about HL2 again. Remember those posts? How fun it was to reply to them, and talk about something positive? The mods are doing there best to keep the boards empty of posts related to the current situations. But its hard for them. SO now we can take over, and once again fill these boards with a positive energy. THis is our community. We're competing with DOOM 3, Stalker, Deus Ex, and others. Lets show them why HL2 is gonna be one of the best. Lets see more topic like "Story speculation" "What you would like to see in HL2" "Question about HL2 physics". Ya know? New stuff. Im tired of hearing about the beta, and the source, and how Valve is this big bad company who lied to us. Lets bring back the boards guys. I know I'll be trying.

Sincerely,
Taylor Davis II
razorblade kiss

Agreed. Everyone got a little to excited about the current situation

Since when are we "competing" with other communities? We've got nothing to prove to them.

I do agree with you, though. We need to start having some constructive conversations here.

Okay... everyone read that?

Good, now go back and read it again.

Originally posted by razorblade kiss
Now Im just a user of the board. Not a mod, not an admin. But I feel I have to make a statement. I'm gonna cut right to it. These boards have taken a turn for the worse. With good reason no doubt. Source code was stolen and leaked. OK! We know that. The initial shock of that happening should be long over, and gone. The beta leak is also old news. So guys. Lets get back to new posts. Some good new topics to talk about and get excited about HL2 again. Remember those posts? How fun it was to reply to them, and talk about something positive? The mods are doing there best to keep the boards empty of posts related to the current situations. But its hard for them. SO now we can take over, and once again fill these boards with a positive energy. THis is our community. We're competing with DOOM 3, Stalker, Deus Ex, and others. Lets show them why HL2 is gonna be one of the best. Lets see more topic like "Story speculation" "What you would like to see in HL2" "Question about HL2 physics". Ya know? New stuff. Im tired of hearing about the beta, and the source, and how Valve is this big bad company who lied to us. Lets bring back the boards guys. I know I'll be trying.

Sincerely,
Taylor Davis II
razorblade kiss
preach on brother :)
I wish this forum would be whipped back into shape. Im redundant... I say it in like every second post ;P

We know to much about Half-life 2. It was more fun when we where just discovering the possibilites. Now that we know what can happen its not exciting and more like a chore, just waiting for it to come out. Valve isnt making the wait any easier either

Not to mention the enormous amount of traffic you guys dealt with... 600,000 views? hehe.. I'm curious how many new people registered besides me.

But, www.halflife2.net and www.halflife2.com are gonna be the first sites people go to.. and thus you get teh traffic :p

but who says beta threads aren't interesting? :\

Problem is :( i think we have discussed just about everything already.

Yes, the problem is about 90% of the regular visitors are now newb's and don't know what else to talk about. Here are some of the popular and entertaining pre-Sept. 30 topics:

1. HL2 vs. [put game name here]
2. Easter egg hunts
3. Favorite weapons in HL2
4. Various discussions on Source engine capabilities

So .. LETS GO!!

i still say we need a hl2 vs doom3 thread again, always an intersting read when those go up.

like this is really gonna work..nice try but there are just to many assholes on these forums

One way to stop the beta threads is to create a subforum for beta threads. Worked to unclog the general fourms of the dreaded delay threads.

Originally posted by VoiD
Problem is :( i think we have discussed just about everything already.

I agree, it seems that we have talked about all the leagle stuff we have been give and have not been given anything new.

The only way to have more to talk about is Valve releasing more info, I hope more soon, or to talk about the stolen stuff, which I refuse to do.

I think people will soon realize that the beta was leaked and there's nothing they and their l33t posse of anti-hackers can do about it.

those topics you listed as good are stupid, lets see some info about whats really going on. enough overmoderation! just because you dont let us say it doesnt mean its not happening!

can someone please tell me what the hell this is?

Link Removed. No posting to screenshot links!

I dont think everything has been discussed. Valve says ANYTHING can be done with the engine. Well almost. So what about the level design possibilities out there. Aside from what they've showed us. I wonder what they have in store for us.

TTT

There isnt a whole lot to post about, beta is forbidden and valve hasnt released any new sots or vids for a long time, besides the tech demo with shiney tiles that is ;)

Like Avril sings " Chill out its all been done before" its all been said an argued an flamed...The only thing this comunity has to talk about now are the events in front of our faces....You all can just turn you grins upside down cause WE ALL JUST GOT Butt #l_lcl<3l) on national tv...You all can deny wanting to discuss the leaks, betas, source whatever an then sneak off to other forums an do it anyway or you can grow up and then sneak off to other forums an do it anyway...Now we have something to talk about

I think it'll still be alittle while before the forums return to usual, but I think it shouldn't be too long.

After Valve's next BIG statement about the new release date and effects of the theft, things should be back to normal.

:thumbs:

Uh what was normal about people flaming each other about the delay or whether nvidia was better than ati...or if that easter egg was gay an the one I found was better.....truth of the matter is that these forums have never been anything other than "What I think matters more than you think" slow ass chat rooms..though Halflife2.net is the best of its breed..I'm a lil miffed that people are getting banned for wanting to talk abot the consequences of everything that has come into play....AND HELL YES I"M IN A BAD MOOD EVERY SPORTS TEAM I LIKE LOST TODAY>>>Hockey...Predators lost>>>Football University of Tennessee LOST, Penn st. LOST>>>>Baseball Marlins Lost>>>>>>NASCAR...Jeff Gordon Lost..>>>HALFLIFE2 LOST...damn it thats it i'm gonna get drunk

Sincerely,
Taylor Davis II
razorblade kiss

Huh, what was that all about?:confused:

It means the whole forum has run outta things to talk about except the things we'll get banned for so now its an all out flame war except...you get banned if you flame....so uh now its all about watching dvds an getting drunk

We're competing with DOOM 3, Stalker, Deus Ex, and others.

No we're not. I'm planning on getting all 3 of those in addition to HL2. Well, maybe not stalker. Have to see if that one lives up to the hype.

The mods are doing there best to keep the boards empty of posts related to the current situations. But its hard for them.
so true.

Thank you razorblade, this is a great post.

I STAND corrected Check out SpitCodfry's Thread on how Halflife2 is coming....ITS NOW OK TO DISCUSS THE BETA..Woooooohooooo + theres even tech info if your having problems getting your Ai to work an Map names to check out....its like H4xx0^ sweeet and i'm not even lying

We're competing with DOOM 3, Stalker, Deus Ex, and others. Lets show them why HL2 is gonna be one of the best.

Competing? Did it ever occur to you that you can play all four games?

Ok, whatever.

Closing this thread down. Bit to much talk of beta and too many links.

We value your opinions but Hl2 news is not exactly plentiful atm. And this board don't condone talking in detail about beta so it's a hard situation hey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back