A

Atemer

I love it how you guys said "plays best on ATI!"
Is this what you mean about plays best?
System Specs
3.0 intel p4
1gb ram Dual channel
Ati Connect3D X700 256mb
Thanks Valve and the Half Life 2 team for screwing up my video card! I love you guys!!

Attachments

• WTF5.JPG
    WTF5.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 553
Obviously, it does that on every single ATI video card!

Yes, obviously valve programmed HL2 so that it would screw up your card. I mean, its not like they were actually trying to make a game or anything.

Hmmm.....Try upgrading your video drivers pal....It's VERY unlikely that a piece of software damaged your video card. Unless of course you were using that software to overclock or something.

i havent touched my video card settings and i just got it about 4 days ago.....worked great for 3 hours and then the game ****ed it up.....

wow....you guys took that way to literal...i was just messing around....i was hoping some dude from Valve would help me fix this crap....i cant even contact ATI they never transfer me to a HUMAN BEING!.
Ive tried all types of drivers from ATI to Omega from old drivers to beta drivers NOTHING WORKS!!!!
please help.

Wow, those are some awesome colors. Wish I could play like that. Seriously though, please learn, and accept that all games have compatibility issues. My ATI card and computer works great on the game, absolutely no bugs discovered yet, and no issues with steam since the first day.

yes i did validate my game files....
its not just the game that acts up like this it also travels onto my desktop!!!!! the only way i can get it to go away is if i open up my computer take out my card reset the bios and put the card back in then my computer is fine until something moves on my screen, like a pop up or even my mouse moving.

Attachments

• wtf2.JPG
    wtf2.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 346
Well it might e overheating...my temperature is about 100 ferenheit....is that normal for a computer?? i mean i have about 6 fans in there...

ive tried clocking down the video card 2 with ATI tools but it still does the same thing....i must have a defective card...

It'll be overclocked, overheating, using beta drivers, with all settings on full, at some hacked super high resolution and the cpu is probably overclocked too and with a few resident apps running in the background.

sounds strange.. did you keep the standard fan on your GC ?
edit : your card's behaviour is exactly the same as an over-overclocked one.

Hi,

You really think HL2 caused all this to happen?
I have my doubts about that.

I never believed in ATI.
Nvidia works best for me.

Greetings.

Dark Elf.
I can assure you that my comptuer is BRAND NEW. i have only a few programs on it. I HAVE NOT TWEAKED ANY OF THE SETTINGS TO OVERCLOCK MY CPU OR VIDEO CARD!!.
Nagual- i dont know what you mean by GC-sorry but im not farmiliar with that.

GC graphics card.
as i said, your card behaves EXACTLY as an over-overclocked. sounds defectuous, try to get it replaced.

ok.. as i said before i was just joking about the game messing my card up! i just thought it was funny how it says plays best on ati and my video card is acting up. Scratch- i built the pc myself and i have experience with PCs as in that i worked on an assembly line for Intel.

Yes, i do think its a defective card aswell i just think that its very odd that it worked fine for awhile then it just started going crazy!
How can i get my card replaced? ATI customer support never transfers me to a technition.

What drivers do you have running? And where did you get the computer from, it may have been pre-overclocked.

Where do i return it to? i didnt buy it from a store. i bought it directly from them.

Pauly i built the computer from scratch.. i bought the CPU at 3.0ghz and its at 3.0ghz right now. the card settings are at default. ive tried decreasing the clock rates but it still acts up.

i bought the video card from ATI. i work for a computer parts distributing company. We recieve parts directly from the manufactures. So basically i dont know where to return the card to if ATI never answers my emails or phone calls.

atemer, ah ok. Well if you didn't overclock, the card is behaving as if it was overclocked. You should try for a refund. hopefully they will respond

yes i know im pretty sure its a defective card however who do i return the card to for a refund?

Atemer said:
yes i know im pretty sure its a defective card however who do i return the card to for a refund?
i wouldn't ask this on this forum

Ahhhh that happend to me had to get a better vido card i think its cooling problems.

yea this has nothing to do with your problem, though it does sound like you have a defective video card. i was just curious as to what desktop theme you use on your pc and where you got it from b/c it looks interesting and i might want to try it out.
Also, have you tried stickin this card into a diff comp and playin hl2? you sound like you know a bit about computers, so i would assume you have a couple lowly pcs lyin around that you can test the card out in.

HAHAHA
His HL2 is on shrooms
AHAHHAHA
[edit]

Have you tried removing all the drivers and just playing without them?

Atemer I had the exact problem you are discribing,and there is only one thing that fixed it for me,make sure your graphics card is firmly seated in you AGP slot,even if you are 100% sure you inserted it all the way down PLEASE humour me and check it again.

Push down on your card evenly and firmly,sometimes it takes a bit of force to hear that final "click"

I really hope that fixes your problem and please post back if it worked. ;)

Eon Blue said:
HAHAHA
His HL2 is on shrooms
AHAHHAHA
[edit]

Have you tried removing all the drivers and just playing without them?

I hope you're kidding...

Back