Today's the day...

Forget that fluffed up map, I wanna play with the stunstick. It better not be just a goofy remix of the Crowbar. And the Slam, I wanna know what that it.

Also don't forget the dm contest winners maps will be included

Negative on the HL2DM winners.

Around the 28th for them.

ok....

so anyway this is going to update not only hldm but source itself with HDR right?

I don't think anything other than the HL2DM update is coming tonight (Steam Lab map, crowbar, stunstick, and slam). Of course I could be wrong though. I wish they'd release the new cs:s map :(

hopefully at least ONE map will come tonight and i will be happy ;)

Can't wait to have some renewed interest in HL2DM with a new map and some new weapons.

Exciting! :D

For everyone's information:
Valve said:
In advance of the Counter-Strike: Source update we've mentioned here recently, we'll be releasing an update for Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. This update will include two new weapons (the StunStick and the Slam) as well as a return of the trusty crowbar. We've decided to also include a new map called "Steam Labs".

Right around the same time, we'll be releasing the source code to Half-Life 2: Deathmatch in the SDK.

This release will happen some time next week. Right now, we're shooting for Thursday the 17th.

And just a quick note for those of you who have been asking -- yes, VAC 2 is coming.
First of all they say in advance of the CSS update. "In advance of" means "before". :dozey:

Second, they say they will release a HL2DM update, which will include the new weapons and the map.

They then say that there will be an SDK update in the form of DM sourecode.

All of the above will be released on 17th Feburary.

VAC2 is not ready to be released yet, as they haven't given a release date.

here ya go..restart if ya like.
Thursday, February 17 2005

At approximately 4:00 pm PST we'll be releasing an update that primarily focuses on Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. This update will include the addition of the Stunstick, SLAM, and the Crowbar. It will also include a new original map made by Valve, called Steamlab.

Along with the update to the game, we'll be releasing the source code for Half-Life 2: Deathmatch in an update to the Source SDK, which should give our MOD community a wide range of functionality they can use to build their games. We're all excited to see what is built based off of it. The update to the SDK will also allow MOD developers to write their own custom shaders, which will lead to some unique visuals in their games.

Looking ahead to next week, we're still on track for the Counter-Strike update, which will include a new map called cs_compound, along with a number of smaller changes and bug fixes.

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Feb17.2005/?l=english

Ehh, What would that be in GMT(Eastern) time?

It is just the new Deathmatch map and the crowbar, stunstick, and slam. Along with the deathmatch source code. Nothing special.

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Source SDK, and Source Engine updates are available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The changes include:

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

* Added SLAM, Stunstick and Crowbar
* Added dm_steamlab
* Fixed game_score entity not awarding points
* Added team specific spawn points ( info_player_combine, info_player_rebel)
* Optimized weapon firing effects bandwidth usage

Source SDK

* Added source code for Half-Life 2 multiplayer (Run the 'Create a Mod' link)
* Added ability to create new shaders. See Authoring Shaders In Source for documentation
* Added new tool and source code of DemoTool.exe -- which shows the high-level structure of .dem files
* Added source code for Source Model Viewer included (src\utils\hlmviewer)
* Added source for Half-Life 2's Airboat model
* Fixed issues with Steam account names with ".."
* Fixed Face Poser flex sliders
* Hammer limits framerate in 3D views to 300fps -- eliminates overheating problems

Source Engine

* Fixed screenshots/save games being saved in the wrong place
* Fixed hang in rcon server
* Fixed server crash where banned players could retry/cancel quickly during connection
* Fixed crash when a user specifies a heapsize that is too large
* Fixed "play" command crashing on dedicated servers
* Fixed bspzip'd assets in maps not loading properly
* Added FCVAR_CHEAT to r_shadowids
* HLTV port/server can be completely disabled by command line parameter "-nohltv"

Back