torch

rex64

Reaction score
Is there a pre-made tourch? I have seen tourches in some of the DM levels.

Also, is there a way to make a water fountin's water?

Or, how would I make these? Is there a particle generator? Is there a good tutorial on these? Thanks.

there is deff a way to make the water fountain cuz they did it for de_inferno in cs:s, i dunno about ne tutorials, and as for the torch i dont know if it is a prop for dm, u might have to make it urself in a 3d modeling program.

Hl2

Could I just make it in HL2 Hammer and convert it into a model?

rex64 said:
Could I just make it in HL2 Hammer and convert it into a model?

You cam make it in Hammer then Import it to 3DsMax and conver it to a model for HL2.
but if your doing this, you might aswell just do it all in Max and make it look good.

If your talking about Making it in Hammer and then converting it into a "model" then you cant do it.
But you can make it in hammer and just leave it as a brush. Just make sure to Group it and turn it into a func_Detail.

Env_fire makes flames, and there are many, many flame sprites (place an env_sprite).

env_fire

I got it to work. It looks nice. Except it is the size of a campfire instead of a tourch. I tried to shrink the env_fire but it did not want to shrink. Any ideas?

Actually I found that I can change the property in the setting.

You can't shrink point entities. Just so you know for the future. You can only position and change properties.

Dead-Inside said:
You can't shrink point entities. Just so you know for the future. You can only position and change properties.

Most sprite-based entities have a "Scale" property, but besides that, yeah.

sorry to awaken this old post, but since it's the only one i found talking about the env_fire size. i just have to ask...
did something change with the orange box sdk? because i can't get any size to work.
here's an example, the size you see here differ for 1 to 100, but they all come out the same?

gladiator10057mp0.jpg

Back