Tribes V SP demo released

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
check out fileplanet for download ...supposedly they've worked hard on SP and it isnt just multiplayer with bots

post here if you've played the demo

I was going to download it and then I took a look at screenshots and the thing looks a lot like UT2k4's Onslaught mode.

I've played the beta since last week, it's nothing like UT, although the styles are very similiar, the game play is not ...it's fast, especially once you get the hang of skiing ...lots of fun

Yeah, I never really saw the deal with the others, but this recent one just looks like UT2k4's poorer brother.

true, but the gameplay is much faster and exciting IMHO

I can almost feel the rush picking up speed while skiing down a slope shooting at an enemy behind and above me

yes its built on the ut2k4 eneinge but its different some people cant grasp that.

i enjoyed the beta, it was fun and i like the game play more than ut2k4. tribes has its own feel with a lot of the ut2k4 look, but it is its own game.

havent played the single player but i might eventually.

Don't let the looks fool you, the game is nothing like Ut2004. UT2004 was dull, and even a bit annoying, but Tribes: Vengeance is fast and very entertaining. And I think the graphics are better than UT2004 graphics (which in my opinion are overrated).

Is the Sp any good? I've been playing the closed demo and I'm a little disappointed.

I had it, played it a few times, then formatted the HDD on my old computer and moved to a new one, so I'll have to get it again.

The beta woulnt install for me try downloading 3+ times and useing that blocks stuff. No luck. Will try the sp, hope that works :/

It was quite good, except it was pretty hard at the end of the level. But it would have been easier if I picked up the Mortar instead of shooting the freaking tanks with a Gatlin-Gun.

I didn't have high hopes for this game...but I just played the demo and I love it. The feel and rush I get when I jetpack up and shoot and blow up people. I love it. I should try out other games more often.

Soooo fast, it feels kinda Haloish, with me constanly swapping weapons on the ground, and once you get good at the jet pack the game gets twice as good.

In the single player, the only hard this is the tank, which can be a bitch if you don't have the right weapon.

Yeah, that damned tank took me 3 tries to beat on normal. You can't re-spawn the way you do in Unreal Tournament 2004...but that just makes the game more challenging and fun.

any place that lets you purchase a burnt cd with this demo on it?

Fileplanet use to but they don't anymore.

i played the sp demo. really really fun. i didn't get uk2004 so i can't compare. i'm going to try the mp beta. i'm really thinking about the full version. I never got into tribes 1/2. i tried tribes 1, but at that time it seemed like too much was going on. I didn't have the patience to play it. maybe this will bring me to the series.

chu said:
any place that lets you purchase a burnt cd with this demo on it?

Fileplanet use to but they don't anymore.

*cough* ^, anyone?

I'm not going to bother, I blatantly disagree with anyone who says this has little in common with UT. they scrapped vehicle pads for spawn points for them just like ut2k4, took the engine, changed the vehicles even to be like them in some ways, dumbed down the gameplay, its really garbage now.

The game is too easy, I made 4 mid air shots in one game, ONG GAME! I would be lucky to make 4 MAs in one week, playing 4 hours a day.

*Ignores Cubersh33ps post as she totally disagrees with him and would flame him :p*

I liked the sp demo, it was abit short, but having to take out a tank, plane, and alot of tribe members while being in a good arena was fun, the tank at the end allmost had me, my teammates should of been better, they died pretty quickly.

This game is awsome for player vs. player combat. I don't think there is any other game out there that gives players the ability to become skillfull at fighting and not just become a human aimbot. Player on player combat just gives you the feeling your not doing enough, fast enough to take advantage of the speed and agility you have. Not to mention CTF gives the game incredidbly good team work. Some on defense farming deployables, some hunting down flag carriers, some going for flags, some attacking bases.

Only lack luster part of the game is the vehicles. They are horrible and not the least bit fun to drive or use. Glitchy handling and just not fitting into the Tribes feel makes them awful. They are also gauranteed kills for anyone who gets in one and partially knows how to use them.

The Mistress said:
*Ignores Cubersh33ps post as she totally disagrees with him and would flame him :p*
you're sweet :3
<3

*erhem*
anyway...

I don't think it is garbage but I was pretty disappointed. I was expecting something that would extend what the original Tribes games were instead of going into the 'tournament' type game setup and dumbing down (more arcadey) the weapons and gameplay of the original. I prefer it when developers work on tweaking their gameplay to be something orignal that no one else has and I thought the original Tribes had a unique feel in the controls, the gameplay and the environment. This one not so much.

Back