Tricia Helfer & StarCraft 2

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
http://images.google.com/images?q=T...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5

Wow. Tricia Helfer is getting in all of the high profile games! First she’s voicing Dare in Halo 3: ODST. Now, she’s voicing Kerrigan in StarCraft 2.

Tricia_Helfer_4.jpg

She's a decent choice.
Her voice can be damn menacing.

Watch her in Burn Notice if you want to see her play the evil bitch.

She was Number Six in Battlestar Galactica.

oh...OH hot assssss body. I remember she said she's practically taken off cuz of Galactica.

Shame, she went for easy money instead of the minimal effort required to go A-list.

She's OK...makes me sad we couldn't get the original. At least we got Raynor!

lol some of you are hilarious. ZOMG B ACTOR MATERIAL ...patrick stewart and liam neeson are also "b" actors who's careers were killed by voice acting. did you know voice actors (screen guild members) make a minimum $700 for a 4 hour recording session? with the dozens if not hundreds of lines in video games they can make quite a bit. and why shouldnt they?

R Lee Emery has been in Batman Brave and the Bold, Kim possible and even Spongebob. Patrick Warburton is in Kim Possible, Boris Karloff was the voice of the grinch ..they all add something extra because of their recognisable voices and acting talent. I dont see why video games cant have talented voice work besides she's hot

her accent will destroy kerrigan's character

None of you have watched Battlestar Galactica? :|
last-supper1.jpg

She's the chick in red.

Why isn't the guy two over on her right looking at her...? He's gay.

Aww I wanted the old kerrigan:(

ACtually I need to watch battlestar galactica I've heard its really good :)

Yeah, never seen more than a couple of episodes. I'm sure it's good, but I don't really have any urge to rush out and download/buy/scavange TVGuide to find episodes.

In the same boat.

Of course, I was the same way with Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Weeds, Dexter... Pretty much every TV show I like, to be honest. Somebody has to force me down in front of a show to watch a few episodes before I feel the crave for moar.

I havent watched it because its for nerds. I'm no nerd god damn it.

In the same boat.

Of course, I was the same way with Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Weeds, Dexter... Pretty much every TV show I like, to be honest. Somebody has to force me down in front of a show to watch a few episodes before I feel the crave for moar.

I have watched Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Weeds...no Dexter yet.

Let's just say the only one I've stuck with is Firefly... \=

In the same boat.

I'm the same, never watched buffy, angel, firefly, weeds or dexter (actually only one of those I'm really interested in is dexter). I have been meaning to watch BSG, sopranos and six feet under though.

I don't watch television series.
I can never keep up.

I was quite surprised to see Kara Thrace in Crank 2, gasping at horse cock. Then I found out it was somebody completely different.
patrick stewart..."b" actors who's careers were killed by voice acting.
Um, really? Because I saw him in Anthony and Cleopatra a few years back and that sold tickets pretty well. And he was in Waiting for Godot earlier this year, which was quite big.

None of you have watched Battlestar Galactica? :|
last-supper1.jpg

She's the chick in red.

I watch it and its awesome. I dont think she will be as good as Glynnis Talken though. Also I want her back for the sake of consistency. I did not see the point in changing the voice actor when Glynnis wanted to do it.

Wow, that's well and truly ****ed up then.

If the original voice actor was willing to reprise her role as Kerrigan then I can see how there'd be an outrage at someone new.

I honestly can't find any reason to not use the original voice. I mean, it IS the one every person will familiarize themselves with. Why would they bring back Raynor and not the original Kerrigan? *head asplodes*

If anybodies watched BSG they'll understand that she'll probably do a great job as Kerrigan based off her performance there.

If you haven't watched BSG you're probably not happy since you haven't experienced her awesomeness.

As for why they brought her instead of the old one back, obviously, it's just for marketability. Even though it may be a very minor number, something like this can garner media attention/marketability. With a loyal cult fan-base like BSG has this could make a couple heads turn and check the game out that normally wouldn't, like i said, in the big picture that's still a minuscule number, but it's a number nonetheless.

BESIDES, it doesn't matter too much because once Kerrigan got infected her voice had an "effect" on it that made it all warbly/supposedly evil sounding I guess.

I'm sure she'll do a good job, but it seems a bit mean of Blizzard to ditch the other woman just for the nerd capital that Helfer will confer.

It's not as if either Blizzard or Starcraft lack fans or exposure.

Speaking into a synthesizer is not what made Kerrigan.

Plus side is that we at least got Clotworthy back, which is a relief since Raynor's massive change in voice was horrid. I just want to know why Blizzard felt the need to have them replaced to begin with. They seem to be following a trend of ditching previous VO work for crap.

Back