Trivial problem... Help required urgently!

Hunter_8472

Reaction score
I have a problem with my PC's clock. Time clock that is, not clockspeed.
The problem is this:
No matter how many times I set it to the correct time, when I next use my PC, the hour value is wrong. The minutes are fine, but the hours go all crapped up.
I realize it's a fairly trivial problem, but it antagonizes my perfectionistic nature, so help would be appreciated. :D

I believe Windows takes its time from the time in the BIOS. Have you been trying to correct that clock or the clock in the BIOS? If it’s the BIOS, I heard the clock can go wrong when the battery is running low. I'm not 100% on this; to me it would make sense to have a battery that gets recharged when the computer is on.

I've been changing the clock in Windows. As for a low battery, I wouldn't have thought that was the problem, my mobo only being 5 months old.

Go into teh bios and change teh time there. To enter the bios, restart your pc and then look out for a message like "Push ** to enter setup" or "Push ** to enter BIOS mode" something like that, and you will need to push teh button it instructs. A common key to push is the Del. Once there, you should change the time and exit. It should be alright now. If it isn't, then you may need to change your motherboard battery. They aren't expensive and its an easy enough job to do.

Yea and if you notice the clock is stopped then it means the battery is very low and you must change it or your PC won't even boot. Those batteries are very cheap, it's no big deal.

Doesn't sound like that's the problem. Do you have the right time zone/day light savings time settings?

when you double click on the clock in the bottom right corner of your screen have you got the option to connect to "time.windows.com" or "time.gov" or similar?

if so try synchronising with them, and check your timezone/daylight savings settings too:)

What's this? Time zone=GMT-8 hours!?
*realizes own stupidity-searches for large hammer to whack self*

Thx guys, I honestly never thought to check the time zone. :p

Hunter_8472 said:
What's this? Time zone=GMT-8 hours!?
*realizes own stupidity-searches for large hammer to whack self*

Thx guys, I honestly never thought to check the time zone. :p
haha, glad you sorted it :LOL:

Back